Calm Before The Storm

Jadeen POV

I was working from home, when my phone rang, "Sharpe speaking." "Uhm, it's Yas, Requilla best friend, she paused. "Something happened", she spoke nervously and felt my blood ran cold.

"You need to get here as soon as possible." I didn't think twice before grabbing my keys and rush out the door. I arrived at her place in under five minutes, park, and ran inside.

"Where is she? I burst through the door. "She's in the bathroom, just sitting there holding on to her stomach.  I began to fear the worse; was she okay, had the baby been hurt? I rush upstairs, behind Yas. I spotted her sitting alone and distraught.

"Little one", I whispered, stepping closer to her, but I didn't get a response. "Baby girl", I tried again, still nothing. I was beginning to worry. I stooped down in front of her trying to get a reaction, but nothing changes in her features or movement. I took her up off the floor as she went limp in my arms.

I lay her on the bed and kiss her forehead. What could of cause her to become like this. She was good last night so, what happened after we came off the phone or this morning. I sigh, walking out of the room and went down to the living room where her friend sat with her hands over her face.

"I came over to check up on her," she began as I sat on the couch opposite her. "When I came in, I didn't see her, but her phone was on the floor so, I rush up to her room, and that's when I saw her just sitting there holding her stomach", she burst into tears. "I tried calling her, but she wouldn't even look at me, it felt like I was talking to a statue, so I decided to call you instead".

I run my hand through my hair, trying to figure out what could have happened, but nothing was coming to mind. I got up and went to check on her, but she was still sleeping so, I decided to stay in the room.

Few minutes went by before I hear her groan awake, and I got up.