Awake

Requilla POV

I heard a voice above me as I lay in the a bed. I didn't remember much of what happened. The last time I remembered was Alisha using the knife on me before everything went black.

I didn't know how long I've been laying here but I knew it has been a while. Every time I thought I was about to wake up, I was yanked back into the darkness. I was unable to open my eyes or make any sort of movement. I was able to hear though. I heard whenever Jadeen would speak to me, pleading for me to wake up. I heard when Yas came to talk about how she and Chris or now finally a could, I really wanted to smile hard at that. I heard Ty, Chris, Rodney, even Mama Elaine came to talk to me. I heard them all, but it's like my body wasn't cooperating. It refuses to wake up.

"Requilla" the voice called out softly. I knew it was Jadeen. I was happy that he was here everyday. I just hope that he was actually taking care of himself.

"Baby mi ago need uh fi wake up"

"Baby I'm going to need you to wake up", he pleaded.

"I love you and miss you so much", I felt him take a hold of my hand. I wanna to squeeze his hand so badly, to let him know that I'm here with him, but I couldn't.

"Please baby, wake up for me. We miss you", I felt him run his hand over my face slowly.

Fuck, I'm getting sick of this. Wake the fuck up, I mental screamed at my body.

"Guess who want to meet you?" I could picture the mischievous look he portrayed on his face.

"Our baby, Requilla. Our baby would like to meet his beautiful mommy"

My baby is here. I felt happiness spread through my chest. My baby was there, waiting for me. I really need to wake up. I need to be there for both Jadeen and the baby. I made a promise that I will never leave them.

Wake up I scream once again. I began to fight my body to move. First I tried to wiggle my toes, then my finger. I felt my body starts to become awake. My eyes lid felt dry and my throat parch. I open my eyes before quickly closing them, groaning. The light felt too bright.

"Requilla" Jadeen called once again. I could hear the relief in his voice.

"The- I tried to spit out but my lips felt crack and my throat hurts.

"I'll call the doctor", he quickly rush out the room. I open my eyes once again, trying to get accustom with the light. I slowly look around the room, realizing that I was currently in the hospital. It didn't take long before the door was open once again and in step the Jadeen, doctor and a nurse.

"You're awake" the doctor move forward. "I'm Dr. Barnett and you miss Tomblinson gave us quite the scare. How are you feeling?"

I pointed to my throat and he nodded understandingly before a glass of water was place on my lips. I greedily drink it.

Both the doctor and nurse started to remove all the tubes and proceed into checking me up. After they finish. I allowed my eyes to wonder around the room once again, but this time searching for Jadeen and the baby. He was already looking at me with tears glistening in his eyes as he cradle the baby. Before I could speak, the doctor beat me to it bringing my attention back to him.

"I'm glad that you're awake. We actually thought we lose you. It was a surprise to us when your heart start beating once again because it was an entire three minutes the line went flat for," I stilled. I died.

I don't know what to think or how to feel about that experience. I didn't remember much. I just remembered floating in an abyss that was really silent. No sound , no light. I was just floating there.