Secret Unfolds

Jadeen POV

She tense up against me, "What?"she squeaked, her voice recovering from the panic attack.

"I know what's it's like to lose a baby", I whispered, my voice thick with sorrow.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair. "My ex," I murmur, clenching my fists. "She was my college sweetheart. I was really smitten with her. I really thought she was the one ," I said, my voice filled with disgust.

"After college, we got married and she became pregnant", I let out a shaky breath and she moved closer to me, holding my hands.

"My company was just starting to grow, so I was working hard to give her the life she deserved; her and the baby. It was four months into the pregnancy when I realize that her body wasn't showing any changes and when I asked her about it, she said it was typical for some women to show late, and I believed her."

"But there was this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something wasn't quite right, so I hacked her phone," I explain, glancing at her before moving on. "What I saw destroyed me. She aborted the baby a few days after she told me," Requilla gasps.

"Uh waa know wa the funny part? The baby maybe wasn't mine, she did a fuck around"

"The absurdity is that the baby might not have been mine after all, rather her lover she was having an affair with." I laugh darkly.

"She was having an affair, after everything I've done for her. She cheated on me and became pregnant."

"It took me years to recover from everything that woman did to me. I know how it feels to have something taken away from you before you ever have a chance to hold it."

She drew me in close and rested her head on my chest. We sat in silence for a while, immersed in our thoughts. I believe we both realize that knowing that someone you care about understands your grief was enough to allow yourself to let go of the pain.

I don't think we both sensed something deep was developing when we both fell asleep that night.

         I awoke and looked down at her as she slept. I will never let anyone hurt you, I thought .

I stood up slowly so as not to wake her and carefully placed her under the sheet, kissed her on the forehead, and quietly left the room. I marched into my office, intending to make a phone call. "Get over here now", I barked into the phone before hanging up. I pour some whiskey trying to calm myself down, before I lose it. It wasn't long before the guys walk into my office, with the look on my face they know I meant business.

"What's the problem?" Rodney inquires as they take their seats. "Requilla knows about Shadow," they tensed as I took a single gulp to finish the rest of my whiskey.

"How? Is she working for someone in the business, because if she is, you know we have to kill her," Chris said, glaring. "Calm down and listen, no one is killing anyone," I said, firmly.

"She knows about who I was, because I told her", I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Now why the fuck would you do that,? did her pussy have you losing a couple of brain cells? don't you remember what happen with that witch Al-",

"Unuh can bomboclaat calm dung and meck me blutclaat finish"

"Will you guys calm the fuck down and let me fucking finish", I yelled tipping the table. Pissed. They sat quietly.

"Now where was I? She saw my tattoo and heard about the name from her ex. That bastard beat her and caused her to have a miscarriage," their faces paled.

"Now he found out where she is and is trying to get to her, and I'm not going to allow that happen. I promise her that I will always protect her. I can't let anyone take what is mine," I snarl, becoming angry.

It was silent for a few seconds before Chris speak up, "What do you want us to do?" I felt relief. "I want you and Rodney to be her bodyguard and eight other guys. I can take care of myself but I will have two with me at all times." They nodded their heads before leaving.

"You sure about this bro?", Ty ponders. I nodded my head.

"I can't allow anything to happen to them",I stressed.

"You really like her, don't you?" I smiled, allowing the warm feeling to spread throughout my body. I nodded once again. "Okay once you're sure about this, I will support you in whatever you do", he pats my back before leaving. "Where are you heading off to?", he smirks, "I'm going to look a nice warm, juicy vagina to stick my dick in". I laughed, rolling my eyes.