Chapter 9: The First Awakening of Abilities

Yu Donghai's legs were not in good condition, and it was not easy for him to earn money. Thus, he had to carefully budget. He could not afford to take a taxi home, so he took a bus with Yu Huang. On the way, they had to take the subway.

Today was Saturday, and the bus was packed with people. When Yu Huang supported Yu Donghai and squeezed into the bus, there was no empty space at all.

A young man who was playing online games was sitting at the front. He was about thirteen to fourteen years old. Originally, he was playing games with his head lowered, but a walking stick had appeared in his line of sight. The young man raised his head in surprise. His gaze first caught a glimpse of Yu Donghai's empty pants, then he saw Yu Donghai's appearance clearly.

The young man turned off the game, stood up and said to Yu Donghai, "Sir, come sit here!" The young man was in the period of his voice changing, and his voice sounded a little strained.

Yu Donghai did not insist. He thanked the youth and sat down on the chair. Yu Huang stood next to Yu Donghai's crippled leg, while the youth stood next to Yu Donghai's other leg. He leaned against the metal pole and continued to play the game.

Yu Huang was curious as to what game was so fun, so she curiously took a few more glances. Yu Donghai saw that Yu Huang was staring at the child's phone, and thought that she was also craving games, so he said, "Wine, study hard. When you get into university, I'll buy you a game console!"

Yu Huang was amused. "I don't want to play it."

At that moment, the boy's game was interrupted by a phone call. He picked up the phone and asked the person on the other end, "Da Jun, have you found an internet cafe? Hurry up, my game affinity is getting married to me today, so I can't mess things up! Alright, call me when you find it."

After hanging up, the boy started playing games. Before the game ended, his phone rang again.

He stared at the phone and hesitated for a few seconds before picking it up. He said in an impatient tone, "Mom, I said that I have to catch up on lessons today. I'm on my way to the teacher's house. Okay, don't worry."

The young man was very experienced in lying. One could tell that he was a child who often lied to his mother.

Yu Huang looked at the youth's dark eyes and suddenly felt a dull pain in her head. Following that, a chaotic scene appeared in her mind.

She saw a burning internet cafe. The fire was fierce, and the boss shouted for everyone to escape from the fire. Everyone stood up in a panic and ran towards the stairs.

In the midst of the panic, a young man was pushed from behind. He rolled down the stairs and was trampled under the feet of the crowd who were running for their lives.

One step, then another...

In the end, the scene was fixed on the dying boy's face. He died with his eyes open as he stared in a certain direction. That shocking and distressing gaze made people feel pity for him.

"We've arrived at Wu Tong East Station."

The sound of the bus arriving at the bus stop woke Yu Huang up and shattered the images in her mind. She looked at the young man's face in astonishment. The face in front of her was exactly the same as the face she had imagined!

Yu Huang's heart was in turmoil.

What did she see?

Was it her imagination?