Chapter 14: Yu Huang, the Big Shot's Friend

Sheng Xiao never needed to be secretive when he wanted to judge someone. His words meant that he was thinking the same thing.

[He's a fool, blind and shallow. You should be happy to break off the engagement with such a fool.]

The customers sitting next to Yu Huang heard Sheng Xiao's words. They thought for a while and decided that the person whom Master Sheng said was "stupid and shallow" was the young master of the Xuanyuan clan.

Everyone's expression changed. So this was how Master Sheng saw the young master of the Xuanyuan family?

Yu Huang did not know whether to laugh or cry. She wanted to laugh, but when she thought about how ugly it would be to have scars when she smiled, she suppressed the smile on her face. She was afraid that she would scare Sheng Xiao.

Yu Huang felt better after Sheng Xiao comforted her. "Master Sheng is right. The future is still long. I will live my life happily."

Sheng Xiao admired Yu Huang's optimistic attitude.

When Yu Donghai was cursing earlier, Sheng Xiao was standing outside the door and heard everything clearly.

It was inevitable that people would gossip about Yu Huang when she was eating in the main hall. Sheng Xiao wanted to help the young lady out of her predicament, so he said, "It's like this. I have something to do so I need to leave early. It would be a waste to leave the room that I booked earlier empty. Yu..."

Sheng Xiao paused. He was not sure how to address Yu Huang.

Yu Huang?

Miss Yu Huang?

None of them seemed appropriate.

Yu Huang was seven years younger than Sheng Xiao. When she made her debut, Sheng Xiao was not even twelve years old. Yu Huang's debut drama was called 'Depending On Each Other for Survival'. It was about a single mother who brought her seriously ill daughter to the capital to seek medical treatment. However, she was rejected everywhere. She endured various hardships, but she did not give up hope.

That drama was filmed very well. The lines, dubbing, music, and editing were all top-notch. Back then, the viewership ratings were very high, and it was even introduced by many foreign television stations. From that year onwards, Yu Huang became one of the world's famous child stars.

Sheng Xiao's mother was a loyal fan of that drama. She would shed tears whenever she saw emotional scenes. When Sheng Xiao returned home after his training, he saw his mother sobbing with a tissue. He also watched a few episodes with his mother.

Sheng Xiao could not remember the plot of the drama, but he could not forget how his heart ached when he saw Little Yu Huang crying in the drama. When he saw her crying, his heart ached so much that he wanted to throw the candy in his pocket into the TV and feed it to her.

The image of Yu Huang when she was younger appeared in Sheng Xiao's mind. He hesitated for two seconds before asking, "Little Yu Huang, do you want to have a meal with your family?"

Yu Huang had lived for more than 200 years and this was the first time someone called her "Little Yu Huang". She felt a little embarrassed and her ears blushed.

Yu Huang did not want to accept Sheng Xiao's kindness. After all, they were not familiar with each other. However, when she noticed Yu Donghai lowering his head timidly, she thought that he was angry with the people around him.