Chapter 65: You Call It A Duck?

Lin Jiansheng couldn't believe that Yu Huang could advance from a ignorant young lady to a level-two Purifying Spirit Master in less than a month. After all, he had spent three years to condense the Psychic Pearl.

It was obvious that she had a fortuitous encounter!

Could she be the legendary kind of heaven chosen child in movies?

If Yu Huang was the chosen one, then he was the mentor of the chosen one! Just the thought of it was exciting!

Lin Jiansheng stroked his beard thoughtfully. He looked shrewd and composed. No one could guess what he was thinking.

Lin Jiansheng narrowed his eyes and asked Yu Huang, "Tell me properly. Did you encounter any fortuitous encounters during your trip?"

Yu Huang deliberately tried to frighten Lin Jiansheng. Without mentally preparing Lin Jiansheng, she suddenly said, "I refined the Soul Devouring Blood Butterfly's Butterfly Queen."

Lin Jiansheng was speechless.

"What? You refined the Butterfly Queen?" Lin Jiansheng's voice broke as his brows jumped up and down. He looked quite funny.

Yu Huang nodded calmly and sat down cross-legged in the cultivation hall. She said in a flat tone, "Yes, I went to the Purgatory Sea. Those little things all got eliminated by me. Then, their Butterfly Queen made a move. I went to temper my mental strength and I believed that the Butterfly Queen's energy was the strongest. The effect of using it to temper one's mental strength would definitely be doubled, so I refined it."

Lin Jiansheng was dumbfounded.

How could this be?

Yu Huang summoned a trace of Psychic power. The Psychic power was like a small flame that wrapped around Yu Huang's fingertip. Yu Huang stared at them and said, "My Psychic power is fire-elemental."

Since ancient times, the Psychic energy of a Purifying Spirit Master was water-elemental. Water could purify all things, so they could use their Psychic energy to purify the impurities in a mortal's body. Top-notch big shots could even help some Beast Tamers improve their beast form.

However, Yu Huang's Psychic power was fire-elemental.

The fire attribute was more overbearing and ruthless than the water attribute Psychic. It seemed that in terms of purification power, it was also much stronger than the water attribute.

After knowing the whole story, Lin Jiansheng looked at Yu Huang as if he was looking at a monster. After a long while, he sighed and said, "If Saint Xuan Ye knew about your fortunate opportunity, he would probably go crazy with jealousy."

Saint Xuan Ye had refined the Butterfly Father back then. This was enough for him to boast about for the rest of his life. If he knew that the powerful and overbearing Butterfly Queen he spoke of had been refined by an 18-year-old girl, he would probably be outraged.

Yu Huang waved her hand and pretended to be humble. "It was all luck."

Lin Jiansheng shook his head. "On the path of cultivation, there is no such thing as luck." The so-called luck was success through risking one's life.

When Yu Huang heard this, she shut her mouth and stopped talking.

That's right, how was it a fluke to be able to refine the Butterfly Queen?

She had been killed by the Butterfly Queen more than a hundred times. Every time she died and came back to life, she had to repeatedly bear the pain of her mental strength being broken and rebuilt.