Chapter 96: Xuanyuan Sisi Against Anna Tao

Yu Huang blinked at them mysteriously and told a white lie. She said, "When I was out, I was lucky enough to befriend a lady from a big family and even saved her life. In order to repay my kindness, she gave me a huge sum of money, so I can buy many tickets. Alright, let's go in. Don't miss Anna's competition."

After hearing Yu Huang's explanation, everyone believed that she had really struck it rich. Only then did they carry their small bags and excitedly rush to the viewing area.

The racecourse was located in a basin. Around the basin were hills hundreds of meters high. The hills had been modified into viewing seats that could accommodate 20,000 people at once.

The ticket Yu Huang bought was in the middle of District D.

After taking a seat, Zhu Nuowen took out the prepared binoculars from his backpack and wanted to find Anna Tao. It was not easy to find the petite Anna Tao among the more than 1,000 Beast Tamers.

After a long search without finding Anna Tao, Zhu Nuowen lowered the binoculars.

At this moment, the match on stage 8 had ended. After the referee read the results of the match, he held the microphone and shouted towards the waiting area, "Group 65, Xuanyuan Sisi versus Anna Tao!"

"Please go on stage quickly!"

Upon hearing the name of the battle team, Yu Huang suddenly stood up.

Anna was going to fight Xuanyuan Sisi?

This was only the first round of matches. According to the rules, the people fighting in the first round should be two people with similar cultivation levels competing together.

However, why would Anna Tao be in the same group as Xuanyuan Sisi? By arranging Xuanyuan Sisi and Anna Tao to be in the same group, Anna Tao was doomed!

Yu Huang suspected that the reason they were paired together was because the organizer had secretly done it.

Everyone knew that Xuanyuan Sisi was an idiot among the children of noble families. If that idiot fought a Beast Tamer of the same level, there was a high chance that she would be eliminated. Beast Tamers who were eliminated in the first round did not have the right to enter the second round.

Thus, Yu Huang reasonably suspected that in order to avoid Xuanyuan Sisi being eliminated at the start of the game, the Xuanyuan Clan must have bribed the organizers and gotten them to secretly work together to match Xuanyuan Sisi with a weak opponent!

If Yu Huang could guess these insider information, couldn't others?

Yu Huang carefully observed the seats where the few great families were sitting. She saw that everyone shook their heads when they heard the name of this duo. They understood that they had seen through the shady business between the organizer and the Xuanyuan Clan.

They knew very well, but they acquiesced.

This was because if Xuanyuan Sisi was eliminated at the start of the match, not only would it disgrace the Xuanyuan Clan, but it would also disgrace the six great cultivation families.

In order to protect the prestige of the big families, they tacitly accepted this unfair deal.

At that moment, Yu Huang only felt sad.

...

Before the battle began, every Beast Tamer would draw a lot. The number of participants was written on the lot. Anna Tao only knew that she was number 65, but she did not know who her opponent was.