8

Sanai

"I can't believe you still have this picture" I say while looking through the photo book.

"Of course I wasn't getting rid of those silly pictures of you, and don't be stealing my pictures either Nai".

"Momma why would I wanna steal your pictures" I start back flipping through the pictures when I stop to see my momma and dad holding a pretty girl.

"Who is this"? I show her the picture.

"That's Aaliyah, your older sister" my mom said getting the book out my hand looking at the picture.

"Older sister? Where she at, how come she's never around"?

"She pass away few years back Nai, I don't really want to talk about it. I wanted to tell you and your brothers but its a touchy subject" My mom close the picture book and place it on the table, I didn't know I wish I would've never ask.

"I'm sorry mom I didn't know".

"It's fine, so tell me about AJ girlfriend cause he ain't gonna tell me nothing".

"You haven't met her yet? She's okay we kick it off real good, Austin is also seeing someone to".

"See I don't know nothing, you know I never heard you mention some guy you seeing in New York. When I'm going to see this man".

"I don't know about all that we are not together anymore plus I'm thinking about moving back here, New York is not for me anymore".

I wanted to tell my mom about David but went against it, If I tell her I was in an abusive relationship she would flip then turn around to tell my dad and I don't need him lock up.

"Aww I'm sorry to hear that let me guess he cheated on you"?

"Something like that, I don't really want to talk about him" I say hoping she would drop it.

I finally made up my mind I was coming back home, all I needed to do was transfer all my information to Atlanta. I found a little condo so I had everything settle, all I needed to do was go back to New York and get the rest of my stuff. It's time to start over fresh.

Austin

"When I'm going to meet your parents"? Ashley ask catching me off guard with that question.

"Don't you think that's a little to soon for you to be seeing my parents, besides we not even a couple just yet".

"Oh I thought we was, I really like you Austin. We don't have to move fast if you don't want to, I completely understand" she say.

"I mean don't get me wrong I like you too. I think we should both agree on if we are ready to take this next step" I tell her as I grab both of her hands and look deep in her eyes.

"I'm willing to try if you are" she smile up at me.

"Okay then Ashley would you be my girlfriend"?

"Yes I would love to" she said back, I pull her in for a kiss which last a good ten minutes.

"Aww aren't y'all the cutest couple" Caleb said interrupting our little make out session.

"What's up Mimi and Caleb why do you always got to cock block"? I ask pulling away from Ashley.

"That's just me, nah Mimi and I was just hanging out you know my little lady jump AJ".

"They always getting into it, by the way CJ and Mimi this is my girl Ashley. Ashley that's Caleb but we call him CJ and that's his girlfriend Mimi" I introduce them.

Mimi and Ashley spoke then CJ just had to be extra. "Ashley huh? Well Ashley welcome to the family see me I'm the life of the party, without me there will be no fun just had to let you know" he say then hug her.

"Okay CJ move around always gotta show out, get yo boy Mimi".

"It's cool Austin just push me away that's alright I got my Mimi and you got yo Ashley. We'll see y'all around" he say as we dap each other up.

"That must be your cousin"? Ashley ask.

"Not really but mind as well be our parents are close so we act like family" I tell her, once we left the mall we head back to her place.

David

She keep sending me to voicemail I don't like that shit man, I love Sanai to death. If I could just get another chance with her I can make it right.

"You heard from that bitch of yours"?
"Nah man, and don't be calling her a bitch either so stop calling her that" I say to Jonathan which is my step dad.

He start laughing then took a seat on the couch. "I don't know why you still love her cause apparently she don't love you she left without saying a word".

"Man whatever as soon as she comes back Ima make it right".

"Whatever just make sure you tell her she better have my money or that's her ass".

"Come on Jon man Sanai don't work for you anymore, she quit dealing with you once she start modeling".

"I don't care she still owe me and I want my money, you just better relay the message" he got up from the couch and left out the living room.

I just place my hand over my head and grab my keys and left I couldn't stand that man, he the reason my mom is in the situation she's in now. I had a career going for me once to become a football player which that went down the drain, I met Nai in college and I was mad in love with her. But all that change when I got caught up in Jonathan mess, and then Sanai start working for him which I didn't know until one day I seen her in his office.

Ima try to call her one last time cause Jonathan is crazy you mess with his money trust and believe he will find you. Her phone went straight to voicemail again, looks like I'll be making a trip to Atlanta.