Chapter 38

ANTHONY'S POV:
" WE DON'T AGREE TO THIS!  SHE'S NOT COMING WITH US TO THIS MEETING AND THAT'S FINAL! " Carter shouted angrily and worriedly.

Me, my sons, Lia, Eva and the bodyguards were currently in the home office of our house here in Chicago. We were currently discussing about the annual Mafia meeting with the other Mafias and their request to bring Lia along with us.

"Carter there's no point in not going,  they already know about me there's no point in hiding me. " Lia said calmly to her triplets as we all stayed quiet at first and continued listening to them. 

"Your life has already been put in danger once because of these fucking Mafias Lia and we are not going to let that happen again! " Caleb said much more calmer than Carter's tone. 

Lia sighed while rubbing her temples before speaking. "Cal, our family is the biggest, most dangerous, most powerful and most feared Mafia around the world. Danger will always be following us anywhere we go. " Lia said looking at him trying to make him understand.

She's right,  being part of the Mafia is like signing an indestructible contract. Once you sign it, danger will start following you wherever you go,  whenever, and whoever you are with is no exemption.

"There's nothing to worry about trips, Blake explained to me about the #1 rule whenever there is an annual Mafia meeting. No harm is to be caused to any of the attendees, their family and friends or the countries and continents that are under them.  And we all know how following the rules are important to each and every Mafia." Lia said while rubbing the backs of Caleb and Carter whom were sitting down on the couch with both their elbows on their knees and hiding their faces in their hands.

"Lia rules or no rules our rivals don't care about those. Sure the other Mafias follow as they are on the neutral sides of our war and they don't want them,  their Mafia and their countries to be involved in our mess. But our rivals don't care about these fucking rules!" Caleb said looking at Lia before dropping his hands from his face.

"Just look at what the British Mafia did to you!  We gave them strict orders to not do anything while they are helping the Asian Mafia whom were searching our territories that time but what did the do to you?! They fucking attacked you in broad daylight!" Carter started angrily but Lia cut him off.

"And they got what they fucking deserved, did they not? " They did, we made sure of it.  "And whatever happened to them will also happen to the ones that will even think about harming anyone of us during that damn meeting. " She said firmly.

"You almost died when your car crashed and you were ambushed! If it wasn't for your friends that worked for us you wouldn't stand a chance against them. " Carter said before rubbing his face using his hands problematically. "We just don't want to loose you again at any cost Lia...." He said quietly as we all softened at the sight of him almost breaking down. It's hard to see him like this,  especially for me as his father.  "We just got you back,  and we promised that whatever happens at any cost we will make sure that you will stay. I can't loose you again Lia... We all can't..." He said and tears started falling from his eyes.

Lia immediately hugged him as Carter hugged her back tightly and cried on her shoulder. I could see how his shoulder moved up and down indicating how hard he was crying.

Even I didn't like the idea of Lia attending this meeting but she was the one insistent on attending it with us. We all didn't want her to come but we still wanted her to have her own choice to make. It was also her duty as the only Mafia Princess around the world to attend. Also during these events it was mandatory that the first family of all the current Mafia Dons to attend with them as per tradition.