| 9 |

It was quiet as I patiently threw the blue ball up and down above my face, moving my head slightly to lay comfortably on Jungwon's thigh.

"What if it doesn't work?" I questioned quietly making Jungwon hum down at me, looking away from his book, "you've never created bigger hallucinations than you were in your room. What if you can't conceal both of us?"

"Don't worry. I can," he assured making me glance to the big '24' that was painted on the innerside of Sunoo's room.

"If anything it'll buy Sunoo some more time with us, hopefully enough for us to be able to escape together... you gave Emiko the knife, right?" he questioned and I simply nodded in return, "good."

He quietly began running his hand through my hair as he returned to read through his book. 

"Why is it we're doing this again?" I questioned quietly, "couldn't he just tell them to let him be as he usually does?"

"Just like they give you goggles to prevent you from doing anything, they either wear earmuffs or tape up his mouth to ensure he doesn't do anything," Jungwon remarked, "if they come with earmuffs on he won't be able to do anything to resist. Besides, I think he enjoys being in Lin's room. If she really likes him as much as she seems to do."

"Can't you just look into the future and see if this will work?" I questioned quietly, "I don't like this."

"Just trust me," he urged and patted my head softly, "trust me Jiyeon."

"Can't you just please check?" I whispered making him finally look down at me.

"It gives me headaches Jiyeon... don't you feel anything when you use your skills?" he questioned and I quietly shook my head, "really?"

"Well sometimes... it doesn't hurt or give me headaches like you say," I murmured, "but if I concentrate on doing something too much blood trickles out," I excused and pressed a finger to the corner of my right eye, dragging my finger down over my cheek, "but most commonly I just fall weak."

"You're straight from nightmares, I swear," Jungwon let out a small laugh as he shook his head in disbelief.

"It's like... Emi sometimes dislocates her left knee when she runs too much. Lin gets sore eyes," I murmured, "right? It's like that."

"Yeah," Jungwon murmured, "sometimes Sunoo throws up after his solo sessions. Riki loses a finger every once in a while, but it always comes back."

I hummed quietly as I stopped throwing the ball around. As a click came from the door my head immediately snapped up and looked at the door before I hurriedly looked at Jungwon.

"I got it," he assured as the door opened.

Sunoo's consultator, mr. Johnson, paused in the door making me freeze in my spot, trying to stay calm as I pushed myself  further against Jungwon.

"Oh..." he trailed off before I saw him press a button of a remote in his belt, "just wait here and help will come soon."

A small squeeze on my shoulder from Jungwon, reminded me that I had stopped breathing. I quietly picked up my breathing once again, trying to stay calm as mr. Johnson simply stood in the door. Not showing any hints of whether or not he had seen Jungwon and I, or in fact saw Sunoo.

Soon enough a few other teachers appeared in the door, making mr. Johnson glance into the room while he buttoned up his white coat.

"I think number 18 is in the wrong room," mr. Johnson stated making me immediately snap my head around to look at Jungwon, who looked just as impressed as me, "cuff her and take her to section 38, I'll let Doctor Davis know of her small stunt."

My heartrate immediately picked up as I scrambled to get up from the bed. I rushed towards the far wall of the room, shoving the chair in to get the other teachers away from me. Eventually resorting to shoving the desk into them as they easily moved past the chair.

"Jiyeon stop!" Jungwon exclaimed at me as I crouched down on the floor, trying to keep the bed still, "Jiyeon!"

"Get off the bed!" I exclaimed at him making him quickly jump down onto the floor, crouching in front of me.

I didn't see it. But I heard the bed flying off the floor and slamming into the doorframe before falling back down onto the ground.

"Jiyeon, calm down!" Jungwon yelled as he grabbed my wrists to pry them off of my head, "listen to me! Calm down!"

"Thank you for your help number 9, but you will not be exempted from the punishment," a voice spoke as I felt the cold metal around my wrists, locking tightly and digging into my skin.

"No, no, no. It's a misunderstanding," Jungwon insisted as his fingers delictaely began trying to open up one of the cuffs that had locked itself around my wrists, "she didn't mean to do this. It wasn't meant to hurt anybody!"

"You have both broken the curfew rules," mr. Johnson sternly spoke as a pair of goggles was shoved onto my face, "send the girl to Doctor Davis. Let the boy be in isolation in his room."

"No, please," I called out, "not Doctor Davis. Please! I promise it won't happen again. Just not Doctor Davis! I don't want to go back into the trials, please."

"Make sure she stays in the cuffs," mr. Johnson spoke, "she's a danger as soon as she can use her skills. Those cuffs keeps everyone around her safe."

"She's not dangerous! You scared her!" Jungwon loudly defended, suddenly a lot further away than he was moments ago, "too many people at once makes her nervous! Just ask miss Hopkins! She knows!"

"The girl will spend the night by Doctor Davis' section. He'll choose her punishment in the morning," mr. Johnson insisted as I was hauled up on my feet and dragged along, stumbling into various furniture I had thrown around as they pulled me out.

"Stay calm Ji. Stay calm!" Jungwon's voice echoed out and got fainter by each step I was forced to take.