1. Spring Break

It was the last day of school until spring break. The lessons were really dragging on. You found yourself spending the hours with your eyes glued to the clock, waiting for the bell to dismiss you.

Lenora Hills High was one of the most basic schools you could find. Nothing interesting ever happened here. It was pretty much a close knit community, everyone knew each other.

You were over halfway through second period, it was a history class. You didn't mind history but you didn't exactly want to learn about the Great Depression, that was so boring.

"Pssst..." You heard a whisper from behind you, "Pssst... Y/n?"

You turn around, recognising your friends voice. He'd moved to California the other year with his sister and older brother. He was tall, skinny and had an awful haircut.

"What is it Will?" You asked, gripping onto the back of your chair and facing him.

"Uh," He spoke awkwardly, "What have you done for the hero project in Mrs Macy's class?"

"Oh, I haven't done anything." You shot him a mischievous grin, "I'll probably make something up on the spot.

"You were supposed to have a visual aid though." He added, his brown eyes boring into yours.

"Shit." You cursed before turning back to the board.

You liked having Will as a friend. He was one of the only interesting people in the town.

He and his family quite obviously had a complicated backstory and it was one that he had never shared. You had tried to get it out of him multiple times but he would always just shake his head, smile, then change the subject.

Will seemed shy, but normal. His sister, on the other hand, was not.

She didn't exactly know how to speak properly and was behind in almost every subject. You felt bad for her and had tried to be nice to her but she had never quite seemed to have accepted you into her life. She got bullied an awful lot, it made sense she had some barriers up.

Suddenly, the bell rang and shocked you out of your daydreaming. You picked up your bag and waited for Jane and Will outside of the classroom.

"You can borrow some of my presentation if you'd like." Will continued the conversation you were having earlier.

"On Alan Turing?" You scoff, "Yeah, Miss is definitely going to believe I would choose Alan Turing as a hero."

Will's face fell.

"But, uh, thanks." You try to give him a reassuring grin, feeling a little guilty for offending him.

"It's alright." Will pulled his bag strap over his shoulder awkwardly.

"Who've you done Jane?" You asked, turning to the girl who was silently walking beside you.

"My dad." She grunted, keeping her eyes fixed to the floor.

"Oh, cool." You said, not knowing what you were supposed to reply to that.

"It'll do great El- I mean Jane." Will gave her a nice smile and she smiled back. The two of them led you into the next class.

However, you didn't look where you where you were walking and accidentally bumped into the one girl you don't want to bump into.

The school bully, Angela.