72. The Goodbyes

Eleven pulled you into a hug as soon as she reached you.

"Thank you." She muttered, her hand resting in your hair, "I don't know what I'd have done without you here."

Her eyes were a little teary, but she was still smiling. She was such a good friend, such a good person, you'd miss her. And you wondered when you'd see her again.

Jonathan stood beside, agreeing.

"She has a point, we wouldn't even have made it this far without your help in the van with that officer, we wouldn't even have known where to find El!"

"We'll miss you." Eleven continued, "I wish you could've stayed for longer."

"I wish I could've too." You agreed, looking away.

Then Dustin gave you a hug, which was a surprise. You barely knew Dustin but it seemed he must've liked you.

"Nice having you here." He said, pulling away.

You smiled.

Then Steve spoke up.

"Yeah, I'd have no one to sort the clothes with if it wasn't for you." He laughed, leaning against the car, his hair quiffed up as always. You'd miss him too.

Then Robin gave you a hug. "Last night was one of the best nights I've had for a while, even though we barely made it home."

You laughed, and she laughed with you.

"Seriously though," She fiddled around in her pockets and pulled out a pen.

You were a little confused but when she grabbed your hand and started scribbling digits, you knew she was giving you her number.

"Thanks." You said, "I'll give you a call when I get home."

She smiled, and you smiled back.

"Anyway, we'd best be off before your parents come." Steve said, "Nice meeting you."

He climbed back into the car. Robin and Dustin followed. You waved as it shot off down the road, leaving you with Eleven, Mike, Will, Argyle and Jonathan.

Will gave you a smile too, looking sad to see you go. It was awkward for a moment, but then he gave you a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around you.

"I'll see you soon." He reassured you.

"I hope so." You nodded, giving him a smile.

"See you Y/n." Mike said, giving you a pat on the shoulder, "I'm glad I met you."

You smiled at Mike, "I'm glad I met you too."

You glanced at your watch, it was 10:58. Shit. If your parents saw them you'd be screwed.

"You'd best be off before my parents come." You said seriously, looking to Jonathan. He nodded, escorting the others away.

"Laters dude." Argyle shouted as climbed into the van.

Will gave you one last look, one last smile before the doors shut behind him. And they sped off just as Steve did, back into the horror of Hawkins.

This left you alone, waiting outside a massive gate to an alternate dimension. What was happening to your life?