34. The Bad Dream

The van continued onwards as the sky grew darker. You stared out of the window waiting for the stars to pop into the sky but they never did, it was too cloudy for them to show.

You looked at the clock on the stereo at the front. It read 23:56, just moments away from tomorrow.

Everyone was asleep (except Argyle who was driving) but you weren't, the time seemed to be irrelevant to you. You felt tired the whole day, except for when it was time to go to bed. Of course things would end up like that, it was just your luck.

You tried to get a comfortable position against the window but you just couldn't sleep. You fidgeted and fumbled but there was no way that you were going to get any.

Instead, you found yourself with your back to the van door, watching Will and Mike sleeping so peacefully.

Mike had his jacket pulled into his arms, using it as a cushion to hug. He was probably imagining it was El, poor guy, he was definitely in love. The type of love that nothing could get through, it was more true than anything you'd seen.

Sighing, you moved your gaze to Will. He didn't look as peaceful as Mike. His mind looked conflicted and his face was drawn into a frown. His eyes were moving back and forth faster than you thought possible.

Gently, you shook him awake, whispering his name. "Will... Will... Will... are you alright?"

The boy woke up with a startle, ripping his eyes open and immediately straightening posture, getting a grasp of where he was.

"Will?" You stared at him and he stared right back, looking a little more relaxed now that he knew who he was with, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah.." He fidgeted with his hands, "Yeah fine... just... just a bad dream."

"You wanna talk about it?" You whispered, knowing fully well it wasn't just a bad dream.

Will shook his head, looking down at you with the hint of a smile forming on his face, as if he was happy he had you there with him, "Let's just get some sleep."

"Okay." You replied, about to shut your eyes.

"Do you mind?" Will asked, looking intensely into your eyes.

"Do I mind what?" You remarked, looking puzzled.

You didn't have time to respond, but you did have enough time to realise what was happening. Will snaked his arm around your waist, pulling you closer towards him.

It took you a minute to process what was happening but eventually, you relaxed enough to rest your head on his shoulder, feeling comfortable around Will.

He ran a hand through your hair as you dozed off. You doubted he'd sleep after his 'bad dream' but after a couple of minutes, you were surprised to find that Will's breathing had calmed to the point he was obviously sleeping.

You smiled to yourself, burying your head into his shoulder. Things couldn't get better than this.