53. The Max Memory

When you walked into the room, you noticed Argyle messing around with Pizza Boxes, cutting them into an odd shape.

You glanced to Johnathan, giving him a look that clearly said: 'what in the world is Argyle doing?'

Jonathan quickly replied by walking over to Argyle, snatching the cardboard from him and passing it to El who looked just as clueless as you.

"They're goggles." Will had to add.

"I can see that." You replied coldly, not realising how mean you were starting to sound.

"Thank you." Jane replied, slowly putting them over her eyes.

You walked over to the radio, twisting and tuning until it crackled into static.

Jane raised her goggles and walked towards the freezer. It was now filled with warm salty water thanks to you and Mike earlier.

You were sure it was the first sensory deprivation tank made in a pizza freezer. You could get a Guinness world record for that.

Eleven didn't say anything else, she just slowly climbed into the tub, lowering herself into the water with a determined expression on her face.

The lights flickered as soon as she was fully submerged. You were a little surprised at first but you were sure that was meant to be a good sign, right?

"That's wild!" Argyle whispered in awe.

You couldn't help but smile and nod in agreement.

El was meant to be in her own world now, a dark world that only held what she needed to see. You hoped that she'd find her friend quickly.

"I found her."

That was quick.

Mike began to tap his fingers on the side of the freezer anxiously. Will noticed this and gave him an encouraging smile. Mike smiled back.

You felt a little awkward that you had made it so awkward for Will. You hadn't really helped things at all. You just needed to forget now like you had been trying.

"They're carrying a light." Eleven spoke again, "A blue light."

There was a pause for a minute. Everyone focused on El. And she looked concerned.

"Okay El, what's going on?" Mike asked, looking worried.

"It's not working." Eleven declared.

"What's not working?" You asked, leaning over the tub slightly.

"Max's plan." El answered.

You looked between Jonathan, Argyle, Will and Mike. They all looked confused and equally concerned. But instead of speaking, you all continued watching El.

The lights began to flicker again. This time there was no excitement that came with it.

"What's happening now?" You asked again.

"I think.." Eleven answered, "I am in a memory. A Max Memory."

"Do you see her?" Will asked, "Do you see Max?"

El moved her arm and the water rippled slightly. The lights stopped flickering.

"No, but she's here." Eleven finished, "She has to be here."

"Any signs of Vecna or the mind flayer?" Mike asked.

"No, everything is normal." El replied, but it seemed she spoke to soon. "Actually, there is something that doesn't fit."

You and Will shared a worried look.

"I think it's another memory." Eleven continued.

"A memory within a memory?" Argyle remarked in wonder.

"There is a storm." Eleven spoke, "I think it's the upside down. I think it's about to start."

"What?" Mike asked.

"The mind flayer." El replied, "It's coming."

A/n- You lucky buggers you have at least two more chapters after this that I'll release tmr or something
Don't worry I'll sort things out with you and Will in the story you just wait.