31. The Pen

Will and Mike had been talking for a suspiciously long time now. It was weird, Will definitely felt something towards Mike, but you couldn't tell in what sort of way. At this point, you were beginning to think he was gay.

The way Will always rejected any girl who asked him out and the slight glances he'd given Mike since he came to California had made it pretty obvious to you.

But then again, the way he acted when he was around you was sometimes enough to make you crumble. The way he'd mess with your hair, the way he'd always try to make you laugh and the way he'd comfort you when you were down. But then again, he could've done all that with mike.

It was truly impossible to tell if he liked you or Mike, girls or guys? Maybe, he just liked both. Was that even possible?

(A/n- Chill out it's the 80s I'm writing from an eighties kids perspective I know it's obviously possible to like both genders bc I do myself)

At some point, Will and Mike must've noticed you staring since they'd turned around and started walking towards you. They looked surprisingly determined.

You raised your eyebrow at them, wondering what was going on. But they walked straight past you and towards Argyle.

You were a little offended that Will would just ignore you like that and again, you got that uneasy stomach feeling that Will preferred Mike to you and that he always would, but you tried to push it away, for now at least, and focus on what was going on.

Argyle was currently scribbling something on a tombstone that he'd made for 'Unknown Hero Agent Guy' out of a pizza box.

You rushed over to Argyle as well, mostly because you wanted to see what was so urgent.

Argyle looked rather content casually making his tombstone and positioning it in the sand, adding some final touches.

Argyle, however, was not happy when Mike leant down and snatched the pen from his grip.

"Hey, I'm using that!" The stoner retaliated but Mike payed him no attention.

Instead, Mike began to dissemble the pen, ripping the lid off and taking apart the ink and the spring.

Then, something fell out onto the floor.

"Something fell outta that pen man." Argyle began.

"Well, what is it?" Will asked.

You bent down and picked it up from the ground.

It was a small piece of paper. You unrolled it to see that it was actually a phone number. 202-968-6161

"It's the number." Mike grinned.

"What number?" Argyle asked, looking confused.

"The number. To find Nina. To find El." Mike continued, "We've had it this whole time."