70. Drunk Teenagers

When you and Robin got back, it had started to get dark. It was around 11 o clock and you'd managed to tour almost everywhere.

You'd picked up pizza boxes on route and we're full before you began the walk. Then you'd hit the arcades, blown about 30 bucks between you, impressing the owner with the new high score on Street Fighter.

You'd visited Robin's old treehouse in the woods that her older brother helped make with her before he left.

And then finally, you spent the rest of the evening in the junkyard with a bottle of Russian vodka that you found left in the treehouse.

You'd stumbled home, almost walked into cars on the way back, laughing the whole time. You really were fucked so what was the point worrying anymore?

This thing with the upside down... you'd lost.

So you might as well have accepted it gracefully.

"Do you really think there's no hope?" You asked Robin, who dropped the empty bottle on the road as you spoke. You didn't even notice it as it smashed beside her leg.

"Nah, I wouldn't say that." Robin slurred, "But I feel like we can't really do much now, can we?"

"True." You agreed, "It feels wrong leaving like this, whilst everything's so shit for you."

"No don't worry." Robin continued, slapping an arm on your shoulder, "There really is nothing else to do."

"But what comes next?" You asked, "What will this Vecna do?"

"Nothing good, I'm guessing." Robin answered, almost tripping over her own feet.

"We've got Jane though." You reassured yourself.

"Jane?" Robin frowned, confused.

"Eleven." You answered.

"Oh El!" She remembered, she really was pissed.

"She'll figure out something." You added.

"I don't know." Robin shrugged, "It's a lot of pressure."

"Yeah if I was El, I'd be shit scared." You nodded.

By the time you were on Robin's road, you were struggling to walk. Cars passed by, hardly paying attention to the two drunk teenagers on the road.

Then it dawned on you that you'd have to come back into the house, absolutely hammered, and possibly confront Robin's dad.

"Maybe this was a shitty idea." You continued, "What if your dads home?"

"He won't pay attention." Robin wiped her face, "It's alright."

And she was right.

The moment you got back into the house, Robin's dad shouted, more like grunted, a hello from the living room. He probably wouldn't have noticed that you were round if Robin didn't shout...

"Hey," She was trying her best not to slur her words, "I've got a friend over, we're gonna go to bed."

"Alright g'night." He responded, not taking his eyes off the TV or even moving to give a proper greeting.

Robin rolled her eyes, looking a little agitated. She thought you didn't notice but you did.

Your stomach churned, feeling awful that such a nice person as Robin had to live in these shitty conditions. You'd do anything to take her back to Lenora Hill's, if only she could live with you.

The two of you stumbled into her room, passing out the moment your body hit the mattress. You heard her mumble before you completely blacked out.

"It's been good today, thanks for coming out."

And you agreed.

A/n- I've just finished the story, would you like me to release the last three chapters now or would you like them daily?