35. The Last 10 Miles

You awoke with the rattle of the van going over another bump. The sun was high in the sky, you could see it's orange glow even before you opened your eyes. It must've been around midday.

You squint your eyes open, looking at the clock to see it was 11:22. You must at least be in Utar by now. The van rocked around again and you pulled yourself up from Will.

"I didn't wake you, did I?" Will asked, looking almost apologetic.

Your head must've been on his shoulder the whole night. That would've been very uncomfortable for him. You felt guilty imagining him sitting so very still all morning careful not to wake you.

"Nah, you're good." You managed a smile, "Where are we?"

"Ten miles off Salt Lake City." Jonathan chimed in, he was driving now whilst Argyle was practically passed out.

"Oh... is Argyle alright?" You joked, "Did you kill him?"

Jonathan chuckled a little, twisting the steering wheel and leading the vehicle onto a gravel road.

"I don't know how you trusted him the whole night." Mike joked but you could tell he wasn't entirely joking.

"Eh, Argyle is a good driver when he wants to be, I wouldn't mess with him and his pizza truck." Jonathan grinned.

Argyle suddenly snorted really loudly making you and Mike grin, you turned to him at watched the glint in his eyes. It was a shame how this was one of the first times you'd seen him smile since El had been taken away.

It was nice seeing his face light up though, it made you question all this jealousy you'd been feeling. It was funny how all this time, you'd never really taken it upon yourself to get to know Mike.

You knew you should've. Maybe you could find out what Will sees in him. Or maybe, you could just gain another friend.

The van's wheels ground against the rubble as it rocked along the path. Mike outstretched his arms and yawned.

"You feeling better now, Mike?" Will asked him, peaking your interest. This must've been what they talked about when you were burying the body.

"Yeah, sort of. I just... I don't know." Mike sighed, "Thanks though Will... and I'm sorry for being a douche to you the other day."

"It's fine, Mike." Will said, you could hear the smile in his voice, "It's good to have you back."

You couldn't see Wills face because he was talking to Mike and it annoyed you. If you could see his face then you could depict whether he liked Mike or liked liked Mike.

You wanted to say something, ask them what they were on about. But you knew that it was a private conversation and you didn't want to do anything to that.

However, Will noticed you were looking again. He spun back around and guiltily looked between the two of you.

Then he took a deep breath before saying...

"Y/n, after all this is over, all this trouble and supernatural shit, I really need to tell you something..."