18. The Broken Car

Suddenly, Jonathan sprinted back out. "Mum's not picking up, her flights probably set off."

Neither you, Will or Mike said anything. You just stared off hopelessly. I mean, what were you supposed to do?

Then, you had a thought.

Regardless of the fact that the Byers had still told you nothing, you didn't want Jane to get into too much shit. I mean, it seemed she'd already gone through shit already.

"Shouldn't we go to the police station?" You suggested, "I mean, where else would she be?"

"Good idea." Mike said, striding towards Jonathan's car.

Will just stood there silently, watching everyone else worry. He fidgeted anxiously .

"Woah, hey." Jonathan began, walking towards Mike and putting his hand on the car before Mike could open the door, "Shouldn't we think about things first? Find her a lawyer and all? You know they're not going to let us in straight away, it's CPD isn't it?"

Mike continued tugging at the car door, "I just...wanna fix things." He sighed, giving up when it didn't open, "You wouldn't get it."

"Actually I do."Jonathan muttered coldly before returning to his normal attitude, "Oh, and by the way, that car doesn't work, we're gonna have to call Argyle if we're gonna get anywhere."

"I'll do it." You rush inside and dial the number for the pizza place. Within seconds, Argyle answered. You cut through his usual pizza introductions with the words- "Can you get to the Byers' house quickly? We've got a sort of situation."

"What sort of situation brochacho?" Argyle sounded vaguely interested.

"A Jane sort of situation." You replied, solemnly.

"Alright I'll be on my way man, gimme two seconds."

Argyle hung up and you almost put the phone down when after a couple of seconds, it started ringing again.

You were slightly confused but you picked it up nevertheless.

"Uh.. hello?" You spoke into the phone.

"Oh, hey Y/n, it's Argyle again, I was wondering if you could ask Johnny-boi if it's a purple palm tree delight sort of situation?"

"You can't be serious." You replied before immediately hanging up. You just hoped he'd still come out. Knowing Argyle, he probably would.

You started walking out the house to find the others but accidentally walked straight into Will Byers.

"Oh hey." You mumbled awkwardly, backing away from him.

"Sorry." Will replied awkwardly, not making eye contact, "You okay?"

"Yeah," You gave him a weak smile before changing the subject, "Oh, erm, I spoke to Argyle, he should be on his way."

"That's great." Jonathan said from outside, eavesdropping the conversation.

"So we're waiting for him to pick us up?" Mike asked Jonathan, sounding annoyed, "Great."

Johnathan just sighed.

You and Will walked out to wait with them. You stood beside Johnathan whilst Will comforted Mike.

"You know, it's just love that's making him that crazy." You pointed out, "He's probably not like this normally."

"Yeah I know." Jonathan sighed, "I just wish Nancy was that crazy for me."

"Everyone want to be loved," You gave him a smile just as Argyle's truck pulled up, "It's only the lucky few who find the real thing."

A/n- r u all Will simps or Mike simps then cuz most comments don't want byler lmao
Respect either way they r both decent lads