23. The Friends Of Owens

In the next couple of minutes, you found everyone was sat back on the sofa, only this time, they were facing the very people you were just talking about.

The government.

And they were telling them about Hawkins. And all the killings. Something sinister was back in Hawkins, and the lot of you were too far away to help.

You, on the other hand, was not allowed to hear all of this since you supposedly 'didn't know anything about what happened in Hawkins.' But, you managed to eavesdrop.

And you were finding out a whole lot of stuff. But at least it wasn't anything crazier than what you'd already heard today.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm having trouble understanding any of this!" Jonathan spoke agitatedly, "What exactly is going on in Hawkins? Who's doing all these killings?"

"That's what we're trying to ascertain." The woman replied, her voice neutral.

"Where is El? Like, right now?" Mike sputtered, trying to find out more about the girl he loved.

"For her safety, it's best you don't know." You heard the woman's voice again.

"This is insane! This is insane!" Mike repeated himself.

"So this, this training to get El's powers back, how long is it going to take?" Jonathan asked.

"Could take weeks. It could take months." A different woman replied.

"Months?" Will couldn't believe the situation either.

"Until then, Agents Harmon and Wallace will stay with you." The woman spoke.

"We're not the ones in danger." Mike shouted.

You were grateful everyone was shouting. It meant you could hear.

"Our friends live in Hawkins." Will shouted.

"My family lives in Hawkins." Mike yelled.

"Were working to contain the situation until Eleven is ready. In the meantime, it is vital that you don't speak to anyone about this." The woman replied.

"What about Y/n?" Will asked.

"Y/n will be escorted home." The woman continued.

"What! No way! Come on!" Will retaliated, flinging his arms up in the air.

You were a little disappointed that you weren't allowed to stay with the Byers anymore. Wait. That meant someone could be trying to find you any minute to take you home? Shit.

You were going to risk it though and keep listening, it'd be worth it.

"I know this is difficult to understand." The woman continued.

"It's not difficult, it's impossible!" Mike replied, yelling.

"There are factions within our government who are working directly against Eleven, who are in fact searching for her as we speak. We can't risk contact. If they learnt about any of this, it will jeopardise Eleven. And if Eleven is jeopardised, then so are your friends. And so is your family."

It was weird hearing Jane's real name. It was almost like they were referring to a different person. But the name 'Eleven' was almost like Batman, then Jane was the Bruce Wayne.

"So, what? We're just supposed to trust that you are the good guys? Whoever you are?" Mike asked.

"We're friends of Owens." The woman replied. Owens was the scientist that tried to help Will, you remembered that much.

"Eleven trusted us, now we're asking the same from you."

With those words, you heard the footsteps of someone behind you. It was a government man, he was wearing dark glasses and a dark suit. It was almost like he was part of the Men In Black, from that film that you watched.

"Uh, hello?" You spoke, a little nervously.

"Is your name Y/n Y/l/n?" The man asked.

"Yeah." You nodded, feeling a little intimidated by his cold tone.

"You're getting escorted home." He ushered you forwards, "Right now."

A/n- Released the Stranger Things One-Shots yesterday check it out if u wanna