38. Give Her A Shove

You could tell Eden liked Argyle back.

That was sweet.

In your time of knowing Argyle, he'd never picked up a girl before. You were actually quite proud of him.

"Ohhh like the garden!" Argyle tried his best to smile, not breaking eye contact.

Mike was clearly finding this funny but Johnathan didn't have the patience today. He interrupted before Eden even had a chance to reply.

"Wowww... right." He sounded almost sarcastic, "Hey, uh, we're looking for Suzie, do you know where she is?"

Eden finally took her eyes off Argyle and turned to Jonathan, "Third floor, second door on your left."

You, Will, Mike and Jonathan rushed up the stairs, leaving Argyle with Eden, but she hadn't finished speaking.

"Oh, and you make sure to give that selfish four eyed shit a little shove for me."

As you watched Argyle stumble over his words with Eden, you found Will turning to you with a smile on his face.

"What?" You asked him, his adorable smile causing you to break out in a grin.

"Nothing." He didn't stop smiling, "I just didn't expect Suzie's house to be like this at all... not by what Dustin said anyway."

"Mm.. I think it's pretty cool though."

You smiled again before turning your attention back to Johnathan as he threw Suzie's bedroom door wide open.

The lot of you burst into the room, surprised to find it completely empty. Johnathan's words echoed across the walls...

"Well, great, she's not here."

And that meant you'd come this way for absolutely nothing.

You didn't want to get everyone's hopes down so you spoke up, not being as pessimistic as Johnathan this time.

"Well, maybe she went to the toilet or something..." You mused, your eyes scanning the room.

Surprisingly, it was the only room that looked the same as you'd expected, with the old furniture, the science posters and the floral dresses, it was exactly how you pictured Suzie to be like.  And in all honestly, seeing this room made you grateful that yours, back in Lenora Hills, didn't have her godawful wallpaper.

It was just a shame you'd never get to meet her.

"Hold on." Mike's voice broke your chain of thoughts.

You turned your gaze back to him, watching as he stared past everything else and straight to the open window.

You watched intently as Mike frowned. You could practically see the cogs moving in his head. He was on to something.

"Give her a shove." He mumbled, quoting what Eden had just said.

"And your point is?" You questioned.

He froze for a moment, then strode towards the window.

You followed, a little confused. But still, you stuck your head out the window with Mike, and it seemed Eden was right, Suzie was in the house. Only she wasn't in her room, she was on the roof. And it seemed she was fixing the satellite dish.

"Who the heck are you?" She immediately demanded when she noticed four strangers staring out of her window, "And why are you in my room?"

"Sorry!" Mike replied, "That's.. thats fair."

"No. Listen." Will piped up, you didn't realise he was stood directly behind you until then, "We're Dustin's friends, we really need your help."