𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭

Dean uses a flashlight to look at a map while Sam's passed out in the backseat and Ivy is in the passenger. She offered Sam the backseat to sleep because of his height even though there's not a lot of space for him back there. But there's less space in the passenger seat.

   "Hey," Dean speaks softly when Ivy jolts from her sleep and awakes. "You okay?" He wants to know if she's okay.

   "Peachy," Ivanna says sarcastically and looks at the map. "What're you doing?" She moves closer to check out the paper closely.

   "What's it look like I'm doing?" This time it's Dean's turn to be sarcastic.

   "Like you're looking for a job." She ignores his sarcasm.

   "Yahtzee." He keeps his voice down to not wake Sam up.

   "We just finished a job two hours ago."

   "Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess." Dean doesn't give Ivy a chance to say another sentence if she even had one in mind.

   "Dean," Ivy grabs the flashlight and map from Dean's hand, "you've got us chasing cases non-stop for like a month now. We need sleep."

   "We can sleep when we're dead."

   "Yeah, and you can have a heart attack if you don't sleep for long periods." Ivanna Lee puts the paper and flashlight against the passenger door when Dean tries reaching for them. "You need to get some sleep."

   "I'm good." The eldest Winchester lies and Ivy knows it. A good liar knows another liar.

   "No. You're not." Ivy Lee can't believe she's being gentle and caring for Dean at the moment. "You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever."

   "And what am I running from?"

   "Well, I'm pretty sure Hell wasn't fun and nightmares join you in your sleep." Ivanna tries to make it sound like she doesn't know what the aftermath of Hell is like even though she still lives it.

   "If we're gonna talk about Hell, how about we talk about how you said one month feels like ten years?" Dean twists his torso and lays his right arm on the back of the front seat.

   Ivy ignores Dean and grabs the flashlight and map from behind her and some newspapers from Dean's lap.

   "Stratton, Nebraska, farm town." She refuses to meet Dean's gaze. "A man gets hacked to death in a locked room in a locked house with no signs of forced entry." Ivy Lee doesn't look up from the papers.

   "Ghost." Dean states.

   "Sounds like it." Ivanna finally looks up to meet Dean who's already staring at her intently. "Now get in the passenger seat. I'm not letting a sleep-deprived person drive." Dean looks like he's ready to argue with Ivy on the subject, but the look on her face shows she's not going to budge.

   The older brother gets out of the car with a huff and walks to the passenger side as the Martinez daughter slides into the driver's seat.

۞𖣔

   "Wake up." Ivy flicks Dean's forehead and then reaches behind her to do the same for Sam. "We're here." She turns the Impala off and gets out to stand in front of the house of the unnatural death.

   Ivanna brings out her bobby pin and lock picks the front door. She walks in and the brothers follow behind, Sam closing the door since he's the last to enter.

   "Boy, three bedrooms, two baths, and one homicide." Dean brings up the information and recent event as they step into the empty living room. "This place is gonna sell like hotcakes." Ivy looks around the room like she's being watched by someone she can't see. "You okay?" Dean notices as Sam walks into the kitchen.