𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸-𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱

"I'm not calling him." Dean denies Bobby's idea to call Sam and come back as he stares out the window of the office.

   "Don't make me get my gun, boy." Bobby threatens the eldest Winchester as the two huntresses watch the conversation from the kitchen.

   "We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon." Dean turns around to face Bobby. "Don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?"

   "I know you're pissed, and I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your..." Bobby tries to finish his sentence, but Dean cuts him off.

    "Blood?" Dean believes that's the word Bobby was going to use to end his sentence. "He's my blood — is that what you're gonna say?"

   "He's your brother, and he's drowning." Bobby corrects Dean's error.

   "Bobby, I tried to help him. I did." Dean admits and points to Ivanna Lee. "Even Ivanna Lee tried." He lets his arm fall to his side again. "Look what happened."

   "So try again," Scarlett speaks her thoughts.

   "It's too late." Dean walks across the room.

   "There's no such thing." Scarlett tries to be calm and caring with her tone.

   "No! Damn it!" Dean raises his voice and Ivy clenches her jaw as she moves her stance in front of her best friend. "No." He looks at everyone around the room. "We got to face the facts — Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up — ran away to Stanford first chance he got."

   "And now it's like déjà vu all over again," Dean explains to the three. "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him. He can do what he wants." He sits down.

   "You don't mean that." Bobby doesn't believe Dean would feel such a way about his little brother whom he's always wanted to protect.

   "Yes, I do, Bobby." He stares his father figure in the eyes. "Sam's gone. He's gone." He adverts his eyes to the ground. "I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was."

   Bobby throws all his stuff off of his desk and turns to walk to Dean, causing Dean to stand up in shock.

   "You stupid, stupid son of bitch!" Bobby raises his voice with the man he sees as his own. "Well, boohoo! I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess!" He gets into Dean's face. "Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good — bake you an apple pie, maybe?"

   "They're supposed to make you miserable!" Bobby continues to go off while Ivanna and Scarlett pour a glass of whiskey and watch the scene. "That's why they're family!"

   "I told him, 'You walk out that door, don't come back,' and he walked out anyway." Dean wants Bobby to understand why he's given up on Sam. "That was his choice!"

   "You sound like a whiny brat." Ivy Lee finally speaks up on Bobby's behalf and Dean walks across the room and back to the window. "No." She places her drink down. "You sound like John. Well, let me tell you something — your dad was a coward."

   "My dad was a lot of things, but a coward?" Dean turns to face Ivanna Lee. "And how would you know? You never met the man."

   "From your story, John rather would push Sam away than reach out to him." Ivy doesn't include how she's worked with the father before. "That doesn't strike me as brave." The two stand chest to chest. "You're a better man than John ever was, so you do everyone a favor — don't be him."

   "Where the hell did he go?" Scarlett asks when Dean vanishes into thin air.

   "Fucking giving his word to the damn angels." Ivy Lee automatically knows where Dean was taken by the angels. "Why the hell now?" Rage fills her body.