Chapter 7

"Calm down you guys! This much negative energy is bad for your skin. You'll totally break out," Ty Lee blurted out.

"Bad skin? Normal teenagers worry about bad skin! I don't have that luxury. My father decided to teach me a permanent lesson on my face!" Zuko yelled pointing at his scar.

My eye's locked onto him as he got angrier and angrier infront of us. I tried so hard to make myself keep listening, my headache was increasingly getting worse. But I wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Sorry Zuko I-"

"For so long I thought if my dad accepted me I'd be happy! I'm back home now, my dad talks to me! He even thinks I'm a hero! Everything should be perfect, right? I should be happy now! But I'm not! I'm angrier than ever and I don't know why!"

A hero, I told him that same thing on the boat after leaving Ba Sing Se. That made me realize he really was regretting what he did.

"There's a simple question you need to answer then," Azula said,"Who are you angry at?"

"No one!" He replied, "I'm just angry,"

"Who are you angry at, Zuko?" Kaito asked.

"Everyone!" He yelled,"I don't know!"

"Is it dad?" Azula asked.

"No no!" Zuko replied.

"Your uncle?" Ty Lee asked

"Me?" Azula asked.

"Partially," I said to myself, Kaito nudged me to shut up. I rolled my eyes.

"Then who? Who are you angry at?" Mai continued.

Zuko didn't understand where his anger stemmed from. As if it wasn't clear, he's been beating himself up on the inside since Ba Sing Se. It's exactly what I needed, for him to realize he messed up. I need to continue to trust myself, maybe just maybe I can find hope within  the ashes.

"Your angry at yourself Zuko," I said.

"Yes!" He yelled as the fire got bigger bringing an uncomfortable warmth on my skin.

"Why is that?" I asked him wanting a confession. 

"Because I'm confused, because I'm not sure I know the difference between right and wrong anymore,"

"You pathetic," Azula chuckled.

"Are you sure you don't?" I interrogated, standing up. My ice cold gaze on Zuko made it seem like I was criticizing him. Not making it seem like I cared for him anymore.

"Kya, I'm so sorry. I love you," Zuko responded. He was clenching his fists so hard they were shaking. The breeze slowed down as we watched each other. Mai then look down from the corner of my eye.

I sighed.

"Stop saying crap like that and show it," I said annoyed once more.

"Fine," Zuko grabbed me by the waist and softly kissed me.

My heart hurt, it really felt like the Zuko I fell in love with. It felt like the past, but it wasn't, and he still hasn't fixed his mistakes. I bit his lip causing him to wince, he tried to hold the our kiss but broke it soon after. Zuko looked at me with pain laced in his golden eyes as I turned my head and sat back down. He wiped the bit of blood that trickled his lip as Azula slowly clapped.

"Those were wonderful performances everyone," She said,

"I guess you wouldn't understand would you, Azula?" Zuko asked "Because you're just so perfect,"