Chapter 31

"Well here we are. Welcome to old people camp," Bumi announced as we walked in, I was amazed not shocked but amazed at how all these people from different nations came together under one sole purpose. It was a reminder that our group wasn't the only ones.

"Wh-Where is he?" Zuko asked.

"Your uncle's in there Prince Zuko," Master Piandao told him pointing to the tent at the very back of the camp.

Zuko walked to the tent but suddenly stopped and slumped down on the floor. I looked to Kaito who shooed me away as she and Suki went in the opposite direction. I turned back around and slowly made my way over to him.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked even though I knew.

"My uncle hates me. I know it," I held his hand as he looked at me, pained with guilt,"He loved me and supported me in every way he could, and I still turned against him. How can I even face him?"

"Iroh doesn't hate you," I said, intertwining my fingers with his, my other hand holding his face making him stand up again,"He still loves you Zuko, Iroh always believed in you. He knew exactly who you could be," I looked at the tent behind Zuko,"The Zuko who is here to face his uncle and prove to him just how much you care about him too,"

Zuko looked at me, softening his expression more,"I forgave you," I said, kissing him sweetly," So will he too. Now go in there,"

Zuko got up and went inside, giving me a sad smile before finally entering. I sat a bit away from the tent but still facing it, leaning against a post. After a little while Kaito came over to sit next to me, handing me a cup of tea.

"As hard as it is, I strangely feel happy," She whispered.

"Happiness comes when you search for the right meaning in your life," I responded with a smile.

That's how it's always been, or more like how it should have been. Either way, I won't doubt myself anymore regardless of what the future brings.

Silence washed over the entire camp as I sang a song. The one I always have,

The road never ends But the spark never fails The world is silent, contradictory, and unsolvable And your heart is full of goodness In the dark world illuminate the countless stranger passersby In the face of cosmic confusion The mystery is like a metaphor, forever chaos At the end of that road there are endless possibilities

The song silently and softly echoed through the camp as White Lotus members played Pai Sho into the late night. Kaito stayed for a couple hours and eventually left to sleep. Morning slowly came as I fiddled with the lotus tile Iroh gave me.

"You didn't have to wait here all night," Zuko said in a smile.

"Your right, I didn't have to," I said while quickly walking past Zuko and hugging Iroh,"But I wanted to,"

"I'm glad you escaped, Iroh," I said smiling breaking the hug.

"I'm glad you've grown more despite the difficult journey you have been on," He said.