Chapter 15

"Toph has a point," I said softly trying not to add fuel to the fire, too bad luck isn't exactly on my side most of the time.

"I'm not having either of them as my fire bending teacher," Aang stated.

"You're darn right your not buddy," Sokka stepped forward giving me a judgemental look.

"Well, I guess that's settled," Katara said crossing her arms.

"I'm beginning to wonder who the real blind one is around here!" Toph grumbled as she walked away.

I followed her until she stopped and formed a rock chair to slump down in, she sighed.

"Thank you," I sighed slowly walking closer.

"I didn't do it for you snowflake," She responded bluntly which made me laugh a bit.

"I know," I said, shrugging,"I still appreciate it,"

She stayed silent,"I also wanted to thank you for looking out for them while I was gone. I've also made a lot of mistakes but I don't want to regret them anymore. I feel better knowing you were there when I wasn't," I said smiling while looking at her, I sighed then turned around to leave knowing she wanted her space, I wanted my own too.

"Your welcome," She muttered

I smiled again before leaving.

I ate dinner then left to my room and punched the wall. I was conflicted with myself, I knew Zuko meant well I know he regrets everything but I was still hurt. Kaito even escaped the Fire Nation with him, I didn't want to run into them at the same time. I was glad they were both safe. I owe Kaito a lot, she helped me find hope again even if it wasn't her intention. But it was still hard for me to forgive Zuko. I forced myself to sleep, and to my surprise I passed out immediately. Well to be fair, I was tired.

>>>

I was one of the first to wake up along with Katara and Haru. We prepared breakfast as Haru talked about how they took back their villages. I smiled but paused.

"By the way, where's Toph?" I asked realizing she wasn't there.

"I haven't seen her since she stormed off yesterday," Sokka replied.

"No one saw her?" I responded.

"Shit," I muttered, something was off.

"Maybe she's just exploring the Air Temple," Haru said,"There are some pretty fun spots to practice earth bending,"

"I think we should go look for her," Katara said concerned.

"Oh, let her have fun with her rocks," Sokka said sitting in front of the pot,"I'm in no rush to have her yelling at us again,"

I sighed.

"We can go check for her," The Duke said with a smile

"Yeah I wanna ride that tunnel down to the hall of statues again. It will work a lot better now that I fixed my brakes," Teo said as they left.

We continued our breakfast. I still thought about Toph then the ground shook and a hole bursted open on the wall. Rocks shot down and Toph followed.

"Toph, what happened?!" Katara asked as we ran over.

"My feet just got burned!"

"Oh no, what happened?" Katara asked again.

"I just told you! My feet got burned!"

"Damn it," I muttered knowing exactly what might have happened.

"I meant how!" Katara clarified

"Well, I kinda went to see Zuko and Kaito last night after Kya talked to me," Toph admitted.