Chapter 34

The gong rang, everyone who took part in the front lines of the war stood beside us. Zuko stepped out as cheers echoed throughout the entire city.

"Please," Zuko held his hand up, making the crowd calmed down,"The real hero is the Avatar,"

Aang walked out, people cheered louder and louder. This time the loud noise of people didn't bother me as much. I looked up at both Aang and Zuko with a happy heart.

"Today this war is finally over! I promised my uncle that I would restore the honor of the Fire Nation. And I will. The road ahead of us is challenging, 100 years of fighting has left the world scarred and divided but with the Avatar's help. We can get it back on the right path and begin a new era of love and peace,"

Zuko got down on his knees as Shyu placed the Fire Lord's royal hairpiece in Zuko's topknot,"All hail, Fire Lord Zuko!"

Cheers erupted once more as Zuko looked down at me and I laughed, clapping along with the crowd. Who would've know this is how it all ended.

>>

Zuko and I walked away for a second from everyone who was still in high spirits.

"Fire Lord Zuko," I said jokingly.

"I'll always be Zuko to you," Zuko said in a smile.

"Hm," I said wrapping my arms around him,"I like the sound of that,"

"I like every sound you make," He said I pushed him away, cocking my brow at him.

"Wait, I didn't mean it like that," Zuko said awkwardly trying to fix his sentence.

I rolled my eyes about to leave as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a kiss.

"Your horrible at flirting," I said.

"But you still love me," He said with a small smirk.

"That's true," I said, kissing him again.

We both joined back the group talking to the people we met along our journey. After a while I pulled dad away from the conversations.

"What is it?" My dad asked.

"It's just," I paused trying to find the right words,"Want to tell you that I'm not coming home with you,"

"I know snowflake," He said, patting my head,"You have a new job to do,"

"No, it's just. I made a list of a potential plans along with trade deals you can try and suggest back home to help us grow again," I said handing my dad a scroll I worked so hard on with Kaito, "The Southern Water Tribe needs to rebuild itself, the war is over now so I think we can take this opportunity to help our people prosper again,"

"Kya," Dad said. I honestly thought he was going to be mad. I went ahead and made my own plan to help the South Pole without telling him,"You truly are so much like your mother. She would've been so proud. I'll talk to the chieftains when I get home and build off this plan,"

I smiled brightly as he pulled me into a hug,"Thank you snowflake,"

"It's the least I could do for you dad," I hugged back.

"Hey, hey," Sokka said walking up to us with Katara,"Why does Kya get more hugs than me?"

I laughed as I pulled Sokka and Katara into the hug one last time.

>>>

Once the guests left the royal palace we all decided to make a stop at the Jasmine Dragon. Zuko made tea for everyone as Iroh played music. I hummed along watching Toph relax, Aang playing with Momo, Kaito and Suki playing Pai Sho while Katara watched, and Sokka was painting I think.

"Zuko, stop moving!" Sokka shouted,"I'm trying to capture the moment. I wanted to do a painting so we always remember the good times together,"

"That's very thoughtful of you Sokka," Katara said before she paused staring at the drawing, her expression dropped,"Wait, why did you give me Momo's ears?"

"Those are your hair loopies," Sokka replied.

"At least you don't look like a porcupine!" Zuko said,"My hair is not that spiky,"

"No, your hair has just the right amount of spike," I chimed in,"Why do I look like a guy though? I even have a mustache," I joked.

"Those are your lips!" Sokka defended.

"And why did you paint me fire bending?" Suki asked.

"I thought it looked more exciting that way,"

"Why do I have a rat tail?" Kaito asked offended.

"What? But that's your ponytail," Sokka said confused.

Momo jumped on the table and chirped at the commotion,"Oh, you think you can do a better job Momo?"

Momo chirped again in response.

"I think that's a yes," I said crossing my arms.

"Hey, my belly's not that big anymore. I really trimmed down," Iroh said pointing at the paper.

"Well, I think you all look perfect!" Toph said.

We all bursted out laughing as Sokka let out a whine of offense. I saw Aang walk out and Katara follow, I smiled knowing something was definitely going on between them now. Zuko hugged me from behind as we swayed side to side in place.

"There's still a lot of work left to do," I smiled,"But I feel happier now then I have been in a long time,"

Zuko placed his chin on my shoulder,"I was just about to say the same thing,"

I turned around and kissed him softly on the lips. He kissed me again and looked at me with an adorable smile.

In the end, everything was worth it.
—-
(A/N: FINAL CHAPTER YAY. Please read the next upload that I post here it's going to explain what'a happening going forward along in terms of the comics with other lil things including a new drawing I whipped out last night.)