Chapter 33

The royal court surrounded us a while after once they saw that the rightful heir had arrived at the palace. Kaito joined us afterwards, letting us know that Mai, Ty Lee, the Kyoshi warriors, and everyone else from the invasion were finally released. Zuko then took his first two imperial orders; the first, Azula, had to be taken away to a mental institution not far from the palace which was difficult to watch since Azula left in screams of agony the entire time.

And the second, every supporter of Ozai who disrespected Zuko's new position as Fire Lord had to be taken into custody. It was a dirty and long couple hours of loyalists escaping and getting arrested along with several court ladies being attacked and a few passing out from the commotion. Soldiers scoured the palace until we were finally assured that the palace was completely safe.

I hugged Zuko softly once it was all over,"Everything is going well,"

"I wish things were easier," Zuko said probably thinking about his sister.

"I do too," I whispered.

"Fire Lord Zuko, we must discuss your official coronation. We also just received word from the Avatar, he is on his way here," Said a court official as sages followed behind him.

I shooed Zuko off, he followed the royal court and sages awkwardly. I laughed underneath my breath seeing him trying to adjust to his new status as head of state. Katara went to find Appa without telling me so I walked around the courtyard reliving everything that had just happened.

I ran into Kaito, who just came back from reuniting Mai with her parents and giving the Kyoshi Warriors a place to stay until the coronation. I smiled as we hugged, letting out a deep breath of relief.

"It's finally over," I said.

"Actually I think it's just starting," Kaito laughed as we broke the hug,"But what do we do now?"

"Hm," I thought to myself as an idea popped into my head,"You don't happen to know by any chance, uh, major international exports and areas of commerce would you?" I said a bit unsure if I should be even asking this in the first place.

"Kya," Kaito said making me slightly regret asking her,"You lucky I lived in the palace for a long time," She laughed at my expression.

We went to the royal library as Kaito asked for a court lady to bring us ink and paper. Kaito then brought out an entire section of books to the table in the center of the library, my eyes widened at all the material I decided I wanted to go through on a whim.

"This enough information," Kaito said sitting down, there were so many books I couldn't see her past the mountain of papers.

"Oh definitely," I replied.

Kaito and I spent most of the night sorting through every book. Taking notes of everything I could find useful, adding it to my lengthy letter for my dad on matters of the South. Spending two years in the South after he left, writing letter every day of what we needed benefitted for once. I had memorized everything the South needed to rebuild from the most important detail to the most minuscule one. I rubbed my eyes as I looked up to see Kaito passed out from exhaustion with a small snack in her hand. I smiled, quietly placing all the books back and blowing out the candle. The sun was just starting to rise as I laid against the wall and fell asleep.

"I thought I'd find you two here," Zuko said, slowly walking in.

I groaned as I got up to see Zuko smiling at me, and Kaito still asleep.

"We're going to start planning the hospitality for everyone who's coming I thought I should invite you two,"

"Alright," I hummed after stretching.