XVIII

"Morning bæ." I roll towards Levi's side of the bed to be met with nothing.
"Damn." I kiss my teeth in disappointment, lately he's been leaving earlier of 'meetings'. Apparently, they're never that important but he won't tell me anything, so annoying.

***********

You:
EVELYN!
What u doing today? 
                                                           My love❤️:
                                                    Meeting w u ofc😘 You:
Costa at 2
                                                           My love❤️:
                                                  See u then babe x
************

I haven't seen Evelyn in so long, we both been wrapped up in our mans that there hasn't been time but we're forgetting it's 'bros before hoes' all the way.
I check the clock on my phone and it's 12 so I roll out of bed and make my way to the bathroom, I have a shower and freshen up from last night with Levi.
That man can do things to me.

I put lotion on and get dressed in a grey figure hugging short dress, I'm in the bathroom mirror applying the finishing touches my makeup when I get a call from my dad.

"Hello?" I'm just hoping he called by accident.

"Aria, are you free?" He asks.

"Yes, well no. I'm on my way to meet with a friend."

"Oh well that's a shame I kinda had something to talk to you about." He sounds disappointed, I hate being so caring.

"Why what's going on?" I say immediately regretting it, grabbing all my stuff ready to leave.

"Well in the next incoming month I may come into a huge fortune.
Listen Aria, I've been...well a shit dad to you and I'm forever sorry even though that doesn't makeup for anything. If this court case goes well for me, which I think is a 90% chance it will, then I'll happily give you half of my 1.5 million." I pause in my tracks.

"1.5 million?" I don't even think I blink in this moment in time. That would mean I get 750,000, a lot of money. The things I could do with that.

"Yes, remember when I told about those young men that ripped me off."

"Yh."

"Well I'm taking them to court next month, they've been trying their hardest to fight it off but like you young kids say karmas a bitch." He laughs so to not make it awkward I laugh too.

"That's...great news, I hope everything goes well for you. What did you say was the name of the bar is again?" I ask curiously this seems too good to be true.

"Well those fools named it L&J's, they're so creative right, literally their initials." My heart drops as he laughs once again. I'm forced to lean against the wall by the door. I take a whole minute before I ask.

"And their names are?"

"Levi James and Jason Lamar. I don't see the point of you knowing their names, soon they'll be locked behind bars." I end the call on him. I was right it was too good to be true.