XXXI

"Ria come on babe, you gotta get up." Evelyn nudges me making my body jolt forward in my bed.

"No I don't want to." I reply grabbing the sheets over my head.

"I didn't ask what you wanted to do, I'm telling you to get up." She says in a serious manner making me move the sheets to look up at her.
"I'm being real Ria we're going out. Together. Now."

"I'm not ready to go anywhere." She sits down where I lay and caresses my cheek softly.

"I know babe, but let's be real if we keep staying inside we'll never be ready. Realistically their locked up, what can we do about it? We have other people to think about now." She says comforting herself secretly.
"I'll get in the shower first but I want you ready in an hour, okay?" She orders.

"Okay." I respond sighing heavy but also thankful for her support.

**********

The soft breeze is so refreshing. Back again riding through the London streets, windows down sitting in passenger while Evelyn drives. I offered but the second I tried to open the door handle of my car, nothing my a pure bad memory washed over me. That day. The day when,

"Right so I've book us a nail and hair appointment, then lunch at the Thai restaurant we used to go to for 2." Evelyn explains.

"Where did you get the money for all this?" I ask surprised.

"Your welcome."

"Where Evelyn?" I reply knowing we both don't have that type of money to be spending especially with the babies on the way and neither of us are working, I'm coming to the realisation that both Levi and Jason literally spoiled us so much that without them we're mentally and financially unstable.

"Jason, he made an account. For us, the babies,our family." She concentrates on the road trying to control her inner emotions.

"It's not forever." I look at her.

"But it's too long, I never imagined being a single mum with no type of father figure that hasn't got a reasonable explanation for his absences."

"Your not a single mum, I'm not a single mum we're not single mums. I'm here, your here."

"But he's not here and it's gonna be like that for literal years."

"I know but-"

"Nah I'm tired of talking and crying about him what's done is done." She wipes her cheek before the tear could roll down any further.

"We're gonna be okay." I rub her legs.

"I love you Aria."

"I love you too Evelyn, you have to trust in me and I'll trust in you." She turns to smile at me and I greet her with one back.

"Always. Anyway we better hurry before we miss the appointment, we can't be looking bummy anymore."

"Agreed." We laugh.

************

                             @the_Evelyn                   Non-alcoholic beverage>>              Photographer: @bbyria my bæ🫶🏼❤️ 2,036 Likes

@the_Evelyn
Non-alcoholic beverage>>
Photographer: @bbyria my bæ🫶🏼
❤️ 2,036 Likes

The creator has turned off comments.

                                @bbyria                              Mock-tails🍸             Photographer: @the_Evelyn my bæ🫶🏽           ❤️ 2,011 Likes

@bbyria
Mock-tails🍸
Photographer: @the_Evelyn my bæ🫶🏽 ❤️ 2,011 Likes

The creator has turned off comments.

***********

"This is gonna have to be one of my top 5 best days I can't lie, thank you some much." I pull Evelyn into a meaningful hug.

"Well it's not over yet." She smirks at me causing me to chuckle a little.

"What else have you got up your sleeve?" I ask intrigued.

"Well I've really tired myself out today so ima go home and sleep."

"Yh I can do with a nap right now to be fair."

"No no, not us. Just me." She responds immediately.

"What?"

"You can't be mad but took your phone when you were asleep and planned a date with Romeo, he should be here any minute." I try to compute everything shes saying.

"Huh?"

"Ria, please try to get to know him don't be so uptight, okay?" She nudges my shoulder.

"But why would you-"

"No shut up respectfully, you deserve to have fun and not think about the consequences. I mean what else could he surprise you with, you already dated a criminal and your pregnant. What more?" We laugh.

"Fine."

"Yessss, remember to have fun." She kisses me on the cheek then makes her way out the restaurant.