XLI

Levi's calling...

I look up at Romeo.

"Answer it ma, it's fine." So I hit the green button.

"Hello."

"Aria why the fuck are you letting another man act like a father to my daughter?" He yells down the phone so I end the call, and there it is again shooting pain though my stomach.

"Aria?" And Romeos still there to comfort me.

"Nah it was nothing, I'm just gonna go lie down, I'm fine." I try to act like all this pressure isn't drowning me.

"Lemme just finish up in here and then we can talk or not but I'll just lay with you." I go back to lay down and this pain won't go away and neither do the calls from Levi so I turn off my phone and close my eyes.

************
23:00

I wake up aggressively sweating and still throbbing.

"Your okay." My favourite light sleeper is right next to me ready to hold me in his arms.

"The pain won't go away." I say truthfully as he edged closer to me.

"Is there anything I can do?" I shake my head.
"What about some food do you think that would help?"

"We haven't got anything in the house to eat."

"I'll go shop, what do you want?"

"Nahhh Romeo thats long." I whine.

"Listen if your hungry I'll get it for you, I'll even go in the car so I'll be quicker." He slides out of bed and throws on a hoodie.
"What you want?"

"Erm pot noddles, chocolate, sour patch kids and erm crips, any." He raises his eyebrow at me as usual he forces me to eat healthy, for the baby.

"Alright I'll be back as soon as possible." He comes over to my side and kisses my forehead.

************
23:39

I've tried to kill the time by reading a book, attempting to get back to sleep and sitting in my thoughts but this is the longest trip to the shops ever. Where is he?

I scrabble for my phone that I put on the floor stupidly and stretch painfully to grab it.

"Romeo Romeo." I say to myself ignoring the unwanted miss calls and searching for his name.
I call, no answer.
So I call again, no answer.
Just one more for luck, no answer.

My obsessed trait kicks in, overthinking the situation.

"Everything's fine, he's okay Ria." I preach to myself doing an obstacle course to the toilet. As I make my way watching tiktoks I pause by the top of the stairs and a rapid pull tugs in my pelvic. Looking down I stare at the gush of clear water rolling over my legs.

"Fuckkk!" I instantly sit on the stairs and embrace my contraction tensing my fingers into a fist.
"Babygirl why now?" I moan blowing out heavy air.

Once the contraction calms down slightly I grip my phone and call Romeo. Goes to voicemail. Then I attempt to call Evelyn knowing this girl can sleep through thunderstorms. Voicemail.

"I have no one." The realisation hits me and I begin to cry as the pain continues harder.

Struggling I just pray he answers.

"Dad, please come help me my water broke." I say sobbing.

"Send me your address I'm coming." With a hint of tiredness and no hesitation he's on his way.
Thank God.