XLII

Slowly fixing my vision to one clear canvas I look around. No pain I'm just sore now.

"She's awake." Someone amongst the many doctors and nurses says.

"How are you feeling Miss Wills?" Victoria says beside me. I look down I see me feet, my mountain belly is looking less mountainous.

"Where is she?" I don't hesitate to ask. She looks up at the rest of the doctors and they nod for confirmation.

"She perfectly fine." She points to the left of me and a small eager newborn lays inside an incubator. I attempt to slide up on the bed but even that seemed to be a struggle.
"As you probably aware you did pass out so we had to give a C-section..."

"Huh?" I lift up the thin sheet a peep at the scar.

"Miss Wills trust me that'll go away with the right tricks it'll be gone in a year or so."

"A year or so." I can't help but to feel embarrassed with myself, all I had to do was to push out my baby but no. I'll never get that experience again to hear her first ever cry, be the actual first person to hold her, cut the umbilical cord. Already I've messed up as a mother.

"Well would you like to hold her?" Victoria looks at me smiling.

"Yes please."

"And I'm sure this little one would want some food, are you planning on breastfeeding her?" She asks while carrying my baby over to me.

"Oh yh, yes. Wait do you think that's best?" I'm clueless.

"I would recommend." I get my arms to the correct position and Victoria slowly starts moving away her hands from under, leaving us skin to skin.

"She's beautiful." I laugh almost proud of myself. She's literally me. I admire my creation carefully stroking her little fingers and toes.

"She a little on the smaller side but that's due to her being slightly early, 5.3lb nothing at all to worry about..." She explains the whole procedure to me but I just in awe.
"She came at 1:11, on the dot. So mum do you have a name for her?" She asks interested.

"Mhm Désiré Wills." I nod to myself and her.
"My Désiré." And I leave my first kiss on your tiny but puffy cheek.

"That's gorgeous. Let me give you a run through of what to do."

***********

Désiré's secure back in the incubator and Victoria is now taking care of me.

"Can I get a hug?"

"Of course!" She comes down to me and I hold her tight.

"Thank you so much." I close me eyes in the embrace.

"She's awake." My dad walks straight to me, carelessly placing full bags on the floor.
"How are you feel, what you feeling, most importantly are you okay?" He bombards me with questions.

"Dad I'm good." I ease his worries.

"She's beautiful, a lot like you." E sits on the edge of the bed beside me.

"Mr Wills?" Victoria call him over to where she stands outside the room and makes intense eye contact.

"Ima let u rest, you did amazing. I got you some food, I didn't know exactly what you liked so I kinda got all." With that he swiftly walked out the room pulling it closed slightly.

**************
MR WILLS POV;

"He's still not responsive but he is stable." Victoria states.

"Oh shit, I don't know how I'm going tell her." I hold my head in my hands.

"I understand. We are all trying the best we can but right now I believe he's in a state of coma, the car accident was pretty severe."

"Right. Thanks for all your help." I smile grateful and step back in the room to stay with Aria.