XL

"Happy Birthday eve." He whispers softly in my ear trying to wake me up from my agonising 2 hours of sleep.

"There's no such thing." I push his head away trying to get comfortable again.

"You're so moody in the morning damn." He complains laying beside me.

"You try and get some decent sleep when your carrying a near fully developed baby inside you." I say sarcastically.

"So you don't want your presents then?"

"What presents?" I finally look at him. He passes me a small wrapped box and places it on my mountain belly.
"What is it?" I ask stupidly while ripping it open.
"ROMEO!" I squeal holding up the costume pair of earrings to the light, watching each diamond glisten to form the letter 'A'.

"Give them back though as you claim birthday eve ain't a thing." He dares to reaches his hand out for it to be greeted with a slap.

"You best back away." I say firmly.
"Thank you though bae, I really appreciate you." I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I've got you always, remember that." He kisses my forehead.

"Make me happy and just tell me we have no plans today." I insist crossing my fingers.

"I could tell you that but it would be a lie. We gon paint the nursery and ima try get everything in the room built." I have to admit this man literally does everything for me and he's treating my pregnancy like the child's his own.

"Ugh, fine. Gimme a kiss first though." I look up at him.

"Happily." He leans in and I'm just craving his lips but before I could fully commit a sharp pain causes me to hiss in agony.
"Mamas, you okay?" He asks instantly.

"Yh." I take a while to answer for the what feels like a knot in my belly to release.
"Cramps of course."

"Hmm lemme have a word with her." I sit up and he moves down to my belly attacking it with harmless kisses.
"Listen babygirl, now I know better than anyone how moody your mummy is in the morning, believe me." He looks up giving an innocent smile than back down.
"But just try and give her some rest for at least an hour, I know it must be fun swimming around in there but we gotta be a team and look after mummy, just until her birthdays over, deal." Pure happiness fills my heart.
"We made an agreement, that won't happen again." He comes back out to me and I hold his face looking dead in his eyes.

"I think I've fallen in love with you Romeo Abbas."

"I know that I'm in love with you Aria Wills."

************

"Have you got a lighter purple than this, more lavender." Romeo consolidates with the worker.

"Yh I think we have some out back, if you follow me I'll show you." He looks back at me knowing I'm not going anywhere.

"Go on I'll just wait here." I smile as he walks off.

"Oh look who we have here." A distinct voice calls from behind me.
"I saw you from outside and i thought it'll be nice to say hello." My blood runs cold.

"Samantha, I really have no time for you." I turn to her.

"Omg this is just perfect, who did that to you?" Her smile is wicked and cruel pointing down at my belly.

"Watch yourself bitch I'm not in the mood." Before I could bite back fully the feeling of a major cramp makes it's grand entrance.
"Really babygirl, now?" I hold the sides of my belly.

"I know that's not Levi's. He doesn't want children, plus his pull out game is too strong, I know that first hand." She says trying to get under my skin but my concentration remains on the upcoming pain.

"Just leave me alone." I say bored of her.

"Does Levi know about him?" She points at Romeo across the store by check out.
"So he's not gonna be surprised when I bring him up in conversation later?" I try to zone her out, my stomachs feeling weaker than usual.
"What should I wear to see his later Aria, help a girl out." Her grin is stamped on her face as she moves closer to me.

"I promise you pregnant or not I'll knock you the fuck out, back up!" All my emotions merge to one and I releases them out in anger.

"Yooo mamas chill." He shows up behind me out of nowhere and rubs on my lower back.
"What's going on?"

"Arias my long time friend just a little catch up, congratulations by the way." She replies before I could say anything and walks away.

"I'm not stupid she's clearly not a friend but let's not worry bout her, ima get you home." I link my arm around his walking back to the car.

************
An hour later;

"I thought I told you to stay laying down?" Which he did.

"Yh I know but I wanna help." I began to grow bored of just laying down and my belly hasn't hurt since we came back, I just want to get my mind off all the stress Samantha loves to cause me.

"Come then." He passes me a paint brush.
"Small even strokes." He directs me.

"Hmm I like it deep and rough though." I look at him cheekily causing him to laugh.

"Oh do you now." He steps closer to me leaning in and I wait for his kiss to be met with splashed of paint across my face.

"No fucking way." I look at him shocked and he laughs hard.
"Touché." I flick a load of paint at him.

"Oh is this the start of a fight Miss Wills?" My response of that is more paint to his body.
"Fine." And he throws some straight back at me. We couldn't stop laughing and genuinely with him all my stress went, then;

"Hold on wait I'm getting a call."