Café Coffee Day.

"Would you wake up?" I urged my little sister, Annie. I was getting late, I had been selected in my dream university. We had moved to Canada for it. Our parents were on a business tour, we were 'considered' to be old enough to move out of our country and settle in a new one.
"Just five minutes more, please?" Annie whined.
"For God's sake, your 'five minutes' don't ever end. Now get up, fast!" I tell her in a strict tone.
"Ugh! Alright."

Her long shiny black hair was looking as beautiful as ever as she sat on the bed, legs crossed. She looked over to me through her honey brown eyes.

"What time is it? Why are you waking me up so soon? Oh God." Annie showers me with her silly questions.
"I have to go to my university. Wish me luck! Plus, breakfast's on the table, get a shower before 7:00 a.m. and get ready for your school. I'll leave in 30 minutes." It was 6:00 a.m. and I had 30 minutes to get ready.

AFTER 25 MINUTES:

"Won't you take your coffee?" Annie asks me from the kitchen.
"I'll get from the café, sorry, I'm just too late for the first day, you know?" I said.
"Jess, no one told you to wake me up AT FREAKING 5:50 A.M. NA!" She yelled making me laugh.
"You'd never wake up if I didn't. Anyway, I'll get going, have a good day." I give her a quick hug.

CAFÉ:

"Hi, I'd like a cappuccino, please?" I asked the woman at counter. She was of almost Annie's age and with a bright smile she looked at me and said,
"Your order number is 36 ma'am,  please wait for 5 minutes." She told me, still smiling and motioning at the table beside me.
I smiled back and nodded.

After a while, I got my order and I was already 3 minutes late for my first class.
I ran as fast as I could.

Standing in front of the university I dreamed of since a kid. A proud as well as emotional moment. I didn't have time to hover over my feelings at that point, I ran and reached my class. Gladly the professor still hadn't arrived.

As soon as I took my seat, a group of guys entered the class. I refrained myself from looking at them, careful not to attract any unwanted attention.
Suddenly, a girl came to sit beside me. I welcomed her with a smile.
"Hi! I'm Jess." I smiled at her, in a friendly way.
"Hii! I'm Rosa." She spoke in a very eloquent French accent.

We talked for about 2 hours during the whole duration of my class. After the class ended, I asked Rosa whether she had Maths or no, unfortunately she was not in that class. We exchanged numbers and left in the opposite direction.

After 8 hours I was free to go home, the sun was about to set. Cold wind was blowing, making me shiver. Annie must be home, I thought to myself. I had to go to Walmart to get some stuffs. It took me two hours in collecting the stuff, it was almost dark when I was done with all the works.

I was walking home when I noticed the same café I had stopped by in the morning. I thought of taking something for Annie too.

As soon as I went inside I felt the whole vibe of the café change. There were 9 people, 6 guys and three girls including that one girl from the morning, they were all sitting and laughing, they were all immensely beautiful.
The same girl left their group and came to me,
"Hi! Aren't you the same one who ordered a cappuccino in the morning?" She asked me.
"Yeah! I wanted to get something for my sister too!" I told her.
I notice all the other people in the room watching me interact with the girl.

She gave me my order and I was about to leave when the girl came from behind and said,
"Hey! Stay safe out there you never know what's out there, you know, hope you reach home safely!" She smiled brightly.
I noticed that she's the only one with human like emotions in the whole café.
I left the café with a barely audible 'thank you'.

AT HOME:
"Jess! I've got so much to tell you, I made so many new friends and I had so much fun, please!" Annie started talking as soon as I entered our house.
"Relax, we've got the whole night, tell me what all you did today." I told her as I sit beside her on the sofa.

ANONYMOUS POV:

"A 17 year old boy was reported missing last week and now is declared dead. This is the 6th case of potential kidnapping and murder in our city. Citizens are advised to stay safe and stay inside!" The news reporter said in the television as Annie and Jess talk about their day.