Sun.

Sun, Sun was symbolical of happiness, light and brightness. To some extent, I did agree with this statement. But, who are we to say that rain symbolised grief, sadness and pain?

For me, rain is happiness.

JESS'S POV:

"I should've knew it. I SHOULD HAVE!" I yelled at Noah, furious.
"You all could never have done anything good, ever. I was suspicious why you both were so nice yesterday! It's not like we don't have enough problems. Get out. I am not going anywhere, get my sister here and get out." I told him.

"Jess, please. Don't start right now. I can't let you stay here. Its not safe." He pleaded.
"Go ahead, tell me then. What's going on?" I asked him, maintaining eye contact.

He let out a breath, as if trying to calm himself.

"Listen, if you want your sister alive, come with us." First drop on the ground.

He couldn't be serious, could he? They are now blackmailing us? I can't let my sister get hurt but I won't let this slide.

"I hate you." I told him.
"Come on." He told me as if went towards the door and motioned me to get out.

I walked out of the door, the clouds crying, too.

Somehow, this made me feel home. Rain was never foreign.

"Are you gonna stay there or?" Noah asked me from the driver's seat.

I sat beside him, my head on the window. Silent raindrops matching with my tears.

"Is Annie okay?" I asked.
"Hm." Was the only thing he said.

We kept travelling for three hours, straight.

I closed my eyes.

FLASHBACK:

"Jessi Messi! Annie! Find me!" Will yelled.

"Ann, you look on that side and I'll look here. No way I'm letting Will win. " I laughed.

At the age of 7, hide and seek was probably my favourite game.

"Yes!" Annie giggled and ran away.

I ran out searching for Will.
"Where are youuuu?" I stretched the 'u' in you so that he could reply to me.

"Hereee. Oh-" I laughed at his stupidity.

"FOUND YOU!" I exclaimed.

"ANN! COME BACK, I FOUND HIM!" I called out for Annie.

"You did? Ugh, I wanted to find him!" She whined.
"Next time, Nini." Will teased her.
"I'm Annie, not Nini." Annie rolled her eyes.

We walked up to the river.
"It's so peaceful here. So peaceful." Will said.
"Exactly." I replied.

"Heyyyy! Let's promise each other that even after years we'll always be this close!" Annie said, her eyes shining.
"Touchwood, we will." 
We laughed. For the last time, together.

PRESENT TIME:

I woke up to the sound of rain drops and looked up to the patterning windows.
"How long?" I asked Noah, sleepy.
"We're there." He opened his seat belt and so did I.
I got out of the car. It was an abandoned place, nothing excpet grass and darkness and rain for a mile.