Unwanted

JESS'S POV:

No. This can't happen, no.
That might be someone else, na? That couldn't be him.
Not again.

I am just overthinking, I know. That's someone else. Probably a wrong number.

I slide down the wall and sit on the floor for a while. My head held down and my hands on keeping both my knees together.

I didn't notice when sleep had overtaken me until it all fell dark.

"Jess, wake up." I heard Annie call me.
"Jess." She called again.
"Yeah, yeah. Are you okay?"I asked.
"Yeah, I should be asking that. Why are you laying down like that?" She asked.
"Oh, nothing. I just fell asleep, was tired last night. Don't worry." I fake - smiled.

After few hours, we all came downstairs. The weather was all cloudly with cool winds blowing.
"Um, so whose house are we living in?" Annie broke the silence.
"Uh, its ours." Sohail said.
"Well, no offence, this looks like a century old." I intervened.
"Maybe 'cause it is." I heard noah murmur.
"Sorry?" I asked.

He just rolled his eyes I response. Typical.

"Well, are you going to tell us what the matter is? Why are we even here in the first place?" I asked.

"Because. Your. Life. Was. In. Danger." Noah said, making his every word crystal clear.
"Yeah, you've been reiterating that since yesterday. But, I want a proper answer. Danger? If yes, then what kind? From whom? All of a sudden?" I pointed out.
"JESS!OH MY GOD!" Annie freaked out all of a sudden.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?" I kneeled down in front of her.
"We were supposed to leave for Australia today." She remembered.

Shit. We had to leave for our hometown. I forgot. Our parents would be dead mad. And what about Will? He would be upset.

"Australia?" Ana asked.
"Yeah, remember I told you about the hometown thing." I said.

"Wait! That's amazing! Can we tag along? It'd be away from here, you all would be safe and we'd be there with you both.. I mean if you'd like to.." Her voice turned low at the end, as if she remembered the fight we had last night.

I didn't mean to lash out like that. It was just bottled up anger for everyone, my family, Noah, Ana, Sohail and those creeps. It just came out all together.

"No! It'd actually be amazing! Please!" Annie remarked. For once, I actually saw the sparkle she had lost ages ago, in her eyes once again.

"I mean if she wants, who am I to stop?" I shrugged.

Low-key, even I wanted them to come with us.

"Okay! It is then. Let's go! Our stuffs must be still packed up, I suppose?"
"Yeah, they are." I replied to Ana.
"Perfect. Get the cars out!" Ana said to Sohail and Noah.
"Freaking tiring.." I heard Noah say.
"Don't act like you get tired." Sohail laughed slowly.

"Earth to, miss!" Annie snapped her fingers in front of my face, catching my attention.
"Yeah, let's move."

Bye, stupid kerosene.

Annie and I and Sohail were on the same car.

*sorry for popping in, in between but Jahn you kebab me haddi*

We just sat there in silence. I was sitting on the back seat meanwhile Sohail and Annie were on the front.

The drive to the airport wasn't that timetaking. Infact, we reached in a considerably less timespan.

After a while, we boarded the plane to Australia. The duration of the flight was 16 hours.

The ride is gonna be hell.

ANNIE'S POV:

I sat beside Sohail and Jess. In between, to be honest.
It'll take 16 hours as declared by the pilot. I hated my hometown but something about them coming with us made me somewhat excited about the same.

Yesterday's events mingled with a bit of today's had made me immensely tired, I didn't even realise when I had slept, not unless I felt a hand caressing my shoulders.

JESS'S POV:

It's already been many hours, Annie had been sleeping and Sohail was watching her intently, with those loving eyes. No, even though he might feel something for her, she isn't allowed to date. No.

I felt somewhat overprotective but still, I will go to any lengths to protect my sister.

When I woke up after some hours I realised that we had landed.

We landed, it didn't feel good or maybe I don't want it to. After 16 hours in hell. Finally in the land where I'd grown up. Where I had spent my lifetime. No matter how old I get, the feeling of this place is never gonna change.

This place was the same as it ever was.

My father had informed me that a car would come to the airport to pick us up. The drive home is still at an hour's distance. I wish it was more, I don't want to go home. I'd go anywhere, anywhere just not home.

We took our luggage and started walking to the exit door when we saw a man with two man in black suit holding a chart that read my name.

We walked up to them.
"Uh hey. I am Jess and this is Annie. " I introduce us.
"Yes, Mr. Avery had informed us about you both arriving." He said in a deep voice. I heard someone scoff.

Typical Noah.  He sometimes amused me. How can someone be like this? I wonder.
Was it humanly possible to be THAT cold hearted?

Probably not. I wonder what had made him this way.
Leaving my thoughts aside, I went and sat in the car followed by others.

After a long one hour,we reached.

A mansion. I wouldn't even call this place home because it doesn't feel like it. A home is a place that gives you comfort and not makes you remember your life long trauma you'd been through. I want to run away.

I look at Annie, her eyes blood red and filled with tears.
I hugged her.
"Shh, its just two days. Just two." I repeated.
"Is it gonna be fine? What if they're here?" She cried.

And that is the worst part.

I saw them five coming down the stairs along with our parents to welcome us.