Why.

JESS'S POV:

I woke up with a terrible headache. My vision was too blurred for me to see who exactly was sitting in the chair infront of me.
"Ugh.." I put my hand on my head and laid down.
"Here." Noah.
Noah handed me a glass of water and some medicine.
"I'll be okay." I murmured.
"Jesus, put your ego aside for once and accept that you need help." He said.
Without saying another word I took the medicine from his palm and swallowed it with water.

I closed my eyes and laid there for some minutes until I was ready to walk.

"Give me your hand." Noah asked.
"What?"
"I said, give me your hand." He repeated.
"No. Why do you need a hand?" I asked, my eyes wide.

I'm not giving my hand. I don't want to be handless.

"Jess, I think the injury has gone upto your head. I ASKED YOU TO TAKE MY HAND AND GET UP AND LETS GO DOWN." He explained.

I wanted to laugh but my head hurts.
"Okay okay. Here." I gave him my hand.

We walked hand in hand down to the dining table. I sat beside Annie who looked down at the food.

She didn't catch my eyes when I came to sit beside her.

I thought it was quite off since she'd never do that. Never.

"Ann..You okay?" I whispered to her.
"Oh yeah." She cleared her throat.

I looked around for Sohail but he was nowhere to be found.

"Um, where's Sohail?" I asked everyone.
"He will be here soon." Noah answered.
I nodded.

Okay, so Annie is upset and Sohail isn't here. I was out the whole day yesterday. I had no contacts with Will after the incident, Ana isn't speaking as much as she used to.

What's happening? I knew they're not gonna tell me until I force the answer out.

"Okay. Spill.  There's something wrong I can feel it." I sighed.
"You'll never change." Noah laughed.
"I don't intend to." I raised my eyebrow.
"Look, it's not gonna harm you both, okay? We are here, we are gonna protect you both." Noah slammed his spoon on the table and ran his hand through his hair.
"That's not the question! What about you all? What about..Sohail? You? Ana?" Annie asked, frustrated.
"We know how to handle ourselves." He assured.
"Of course." Annie got up from her seat.
I stood up to stop her when Sohail entered.

Ana hurriedly got up and ran towards him.

"Did you get any information about why we're called? That too with humans ?" She asked, her voice trembling.

"What's going on? Oh God please." I started getting worried because I've never had Ana behave like this, even when Sohail got out of control. I never saw her scared but today, it was different, she was flinching at every little noise and was silent. If she spoke, her voice was as quiet as a ghost and shaky.

"Remember, I told you about the Vampire Lord? A dracula. A dracula, this might sound funny, but this is a hell lot serious. He called us to his one thousand year anniversary and that isn't the point. It is, that, he called us with you all. That's why Rocky and his team has been after you both because he has sent them to find you. I don't know what to do. If we don't go, he will do everything to get you and us all. If we go there, he wouldn't be able to control his blood lust, he wants you for his lust, for his satisfaction and we are not letting him do that. " Ana explained.

"We'll go." I conclude.
"Yes, we will." Annie supported me.

For Noah this time. He has saved my life countless number of times. This is my turn.

"No way. No means no. I haven't waited for 200 years for this." Noah said.
"What?" 200 years? What does he mean?
"Uh. Nothing." He started walking away but i held his hand.
"Won't let it go this time." I stated.

"Uh, Jess. Do you believe in past life and rebirth?" Ana asked.
"I read into the theory, I like it but I don't believe it." I said.
"Well then, you should. You were his fiancée in your past life. You were killed by a group of vampires. He tried to save you but he failed. This time he isn't letting you-"
"Ana, stop it." Noah yelled.
"Sh." She stopped him.
"He isn't letting you go. Last time, he failed in protecting his family this time, he won't." She ended.

My breath hitched in my throat. My heart felt like it would melt. It felt a different kind of feeling.

Ana took her phone out and showed me a picture.

Of me and him, from 1865.

My eyes were teary. This time, I will cry. Not because I think it's the sign of the weak or something but because I want him to know what he means to me.
He tried his best to protect me in my past life but he couldn't, this time, I will try to protect him from that Vampire Lord and I will.

He took my hand in his and I hugged him, letting tears flow freely.

"In my past life, you didn't let me go. You didn't forget me and this time, I won't. I've held your hand and I'm not letting anything or anyone come between us. This one means forever." I looked up at him and he smiled.

Here's to the future and whatever the Almighty has in store for us.
I know there's nothing as strong as love. Even if this is the last time in in his arms, I want to do every possible thing to protect him from the Vampire Lord. He wants me for blood and if he doesn't get me, he will kill all of them. I'm not letting that happen.

" I will die but nothing will happen to you. "

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is why I say, stay away from love.
Ily both though-