Gunshot.

ANNIE'S POV:

"ANA! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS PARTY! IT MADE MY MOOD SO MUCH BETTER!" I told Ana, in a cheery yet sleepy voice.
"ANYTIME!" She laughed.

I went to take a glass of water and it started thundering outside. I took the glass of water and rejoined the people outside.

In a flash, the glass dropped from my hand due to the sound of the thunder and I bent down to pick it up.
My fingers started bleeding when I picked up one of the glass piece. Stupid me.

I heard someone saying "shh".
I looked up to see Ana in front of Sohail calming him down, he lunged forward to me, I tried to protect myself with my hands.
"What..what happened?" My voice barely audible.
"Ana, please leave to your room." Ana said.
"No! First explain me what all this fuss is about!" I yell at her, my voice trembling due to fear.

Ana ignored me and continued talking to Sohail about some things, he continued walking towards me. Now, it's just Ana in between us and almost no space. He looked at me, his eyes darker than usual. What's happening?

I hear a thud,
"What's happening?" I release a sigh of relief seeing Jess.
"I..I accidentally dropped a glass of water and when I went to pick it up, my finger got cuts and now its bleeding." I explain her in a silent voice.

"Sohail, I guess we should leave. Thank you Jess and Annie. I'll meet you tomorrow, Annie!" She said with a fake smile and a fake 'everything is okay' tone.

She pulled him all the way through the door. It felt like some ghost had possessed him. Everything was so scary, so frightening. This was supposed to make me happy! Not even more upset! Why me, why always me?! Don't I deserve something good for once? I'm so done doing this ,the only person who gives me comfort without even him knowing is now angry with me. Great!

I ran up to my room, crying. This wasn't Jess' fault, I know. It's just I don't want anyone to talk to me right now.
"I'm sorry, Jess." I thought to myself.

JESS'S POV:

This went wrong again. Again.

Isn't it quite unfair to me that whenever I try to do something good for someone I love, it goes terribly wrong? It's always setting up and letting it go down, always.

I went to the dining table and sat there, my hand on my head. It's all dark, the only noise I could hear was the thunder. Day after tomorrow, we'll have to leave this city for six days and we'll be in hell again. What a time to be alive, actually.

I walked up to my room and laid down on my bed.

"TRRRR TRRRR"

My alarm clock woke me up at exactly 5 a.m..
No part of my body wanted to get up, I wanted to sleep, sleep and never wake up. Everything is so sad. I don't even know how to explain but it's so tiring to relive the same days again and again, it's getting depressing and I'm tired of faking being okay, can't I just tell someone about everything that's going on?

I heard some rumbling from downstairs. I was pretty sure I locked the door last night. I guess-
I walked down to see Annie in the kitchen with her headphones on.

"Ann?" I called her.
She didn't hear due to the earphones. She looked better than yesterday.
I tapped her shoulders. She looked surprised.
"You up? Morning, Jess." She said as if yesterday never happened.
"Yeahh, I wake up at this time but how are YOU up so early?" I ask in a joking way.
"Uh, I wanted to make breakfast for us. You've had a hard day yesterday because..because of me, you know?" She says in a hurried tone, looking down.
I smiled so hard, it made me so happy that she's okay and she thought about me. I hugged her.
"Woah woah, I made the breakfast good don't choke me." She laughed, making me laugh too. My eyes felt moist, it's been a while since I've felt so home.

"Okayy, enough ruining the kitchen, get out. I'll make." I laughed.
"Excuse me, I was 'running' the kitchen, to be precise and not ruining it." She rolled her eyes, dancing to the song on her headphones.

After a while, we were both ready to go to university and school.

"Have a good day, Ann!" I told her.
"Wait na, Jess, I'll come with you till the café, I'll be going with Ana today, I don't feel..good going alone after what happened yesterday. I've informed Ana." She said, kind of unsure. ,
"Yeah sure, let's go." I smiled, assuring her.

We walked around till we reached the café. The weather was pleasant today.

"So, Jess, are you looking forward to tomorrow?" Annie asked.
"Um, kind of? No. The only thing I'm looking forward is to meeting Will." I smiled.

"Ohhhh pretty soldier William who stole your heart as a child." She laughed as if it's the funniest thing she's said.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I was a child, i was innocent. I didn't know what 'love' was." She said.
"Should I teach you, miss beauty?" A voice said from behind making my heart race.

ANNIE'S POV:

Someone held my hand from behind. My heart started racing. I looked back to find four young boys, two of them surrounding Jess as she looks as afraid as I was. One of them took my hand and started pulling me to an alley.

"Stop, please!" I yelled at him, he just smirked in return.

JESS'S POV:

I started throwing myself against them so that I could run to Annie to help her but they had got a tight hold on me. I don't like this, not one bit. Someone help please.

Tears started flowing down my eyes.
"SOMEONE HELP!" I tried to yell only to get,
"Will you shut up or should we make you shut up?" One of them laughed.
I glared at them, hate filled in my eyes.
And there I did what I should have done.

I slapped him.

ANNIE'S POV:

I looked at Jess, she just slapped one of them and tried running to me but both the boys were faster than her. They had grabbed her hair.
I tried to run to save her but it was of no use.
"Shhh, baby, its fine, it's gonna be over soon." I heard him whisper in my ears.
I noticed the gun tied on his waist. There's no option, not when my sister needed me desperately. So I did too, what should be done to these people. Then, I heard the worst sound of my life

The sound of the pistol being exploded.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
sometimes you just gotta fightback yk.
I heard this line in a song ,
"Ye zamana besharam h na iska dharam h, kyu dhoondhe tu isme bandagi?"

Because you're a girl, yk you're strong ❤
Bye Annie and Jess I'm proud of you