Problems

ANNIE'S POV:

I just killed someone.

I took someone's life. Destroyed someone's family. I murdered someone.

"ANNIE!" "ANNIE!" I heard my sister, Jess, call me multiple times.

I closed my eyes and let the darkness take me.

JESS'S POV:

No. This can't happen. No, please, no.
I looked over at the dead body laying aside Annie. The pain will subside but the trauma will remain forever. This shouldn't have happened.

"Jess..?" I heard a similar voice call from behind.
"Noah!" I ran up to him.

He hurriedly kept his phone inside his pocket and stood infornt of me, concern flashing in his eyes.

"What happened? Are y'all okay? What's going on!?" He yelled.
"He..I.. Annie.." I was unable to form words
"Hey hey, it's okay, come here." Then, he hugged me. Something I never thought I needed from him, until now. That relaxed me a bit.
"Shhh, what's wrong? Let me call Ana and Sohail..I guess you'd be more comfortable." He coughed to hide nervousness in his voice.
"No, thank you, uh I needed that. While coming to the café some people gathered us, they were.. they were rowdies.. we needed help, they had guns and for self defence, Annie shot the black jacket." I closed my eyes, remembering all that happened.
"Where's the other two?" He asked, furious.
"They're lying there, unconscious." I said.
"How?"He asked.

"I know martial arts." I said looking down.
"If it was some other situation, I'd have laughed but right now we need to take care of Annie." He said. Same, Noah, same.

"I'd say y'all were actually really brave." Ana said, sitting on the bed beside Annie.
"Thanks." I said.
"Annie? Why don't you say something?"  I asked her.
"Uh..I.. did he die?" Her voice was barely a whisper.
"Ann.."
"Jess, did I just kill-"
"No. You didn't." Sohail intervened.
"Ana and Noah, come with me." Sohail asked them.
Collectively they all left the room.

"Annnnnnn, here take a chocolate and forget about it all." I told her.
"How!? Jess, how!? I murdered someone. I'll never forgive myself for ruining someone's life, his parents must be so upset.. all because of me Jess. I killed someone this isn't a joke..please." She said, crying.
"Shh.." I hugged her.

After a while, a stressed looking Noah and Ana entered the room.
"Annie.." Sohail said with so much affection, I've never witnessed from him before, even though I haven't been with him for that much time.
"You didn't kill anyone, he's alive." Sohail said.

The room went quiet. But, I saw him die. In front of my eyes. This isn't possible.

"But I shot him, profes-"
"Call me Sohail." He said.
"But.. I killed him."
"No you didn't, he was able to make it, don't worry. Sleep." He said, motioning her to lay down.

Ana and Noah left the room.
I followed them.

"WAIT! What's going on? I checked his pulse, I'm pretty sure he died." I said.
"Jess.. please not right now." Ana said, looking tired.
"I'll handle, Ana, you go rest." He smiled at her.

"Jess, he actually was able to make it, don't worry, he'll be good in a day or two. " He said to me.
"Noah, don't lie to me." I said.
"Why would I lie? I'm telling you the truth, I think you need rest. Come on, I'll drop you home. Sohail will drop Annie whenever she feels better. " He says, holding my hand and taking me to his car.

How did they all turn so affectionate all of a sudden? Well, that's the last thing I'm worried about.

ANNIE'S POV:

"Do you need anything?" This was the third time he had asked me this, wording differently.
"No, prof- Sohail. I'm fine, thank you." I said.
"Thank you? For what?" He laughed, his eyes shining made my heart skip a beat.
"For saving his life.." My voice turned low.
"Ah, it's okay. Don't worry." He smiled.

"Can I ask you things? I'm bored." I asked him after we both sat silently for ten minutes.
"Well, am I your time pass, madam?" He laughed.
"No, I mean, I just wanted to..." I saw, trying to make it look convincing because I was just tyring to get to know him better.
"Hm, sure, go ahead." He winked.
"How do you know medics so well?" I asked him.
At first, he looked uncomfortable but a he recovered quickly.
" I had an interest in it as a kid and I studied it for some years, I know basics." He said.
"But saving someone's life is more than basics, you gotta be learning that for many years to save someone's life without any hospital things!" I said.

"God." He sighed, " you're difficult to deal with, you know?" He pouted, cutely.
"Yeah, I know." I laughed.

Somehow, all my worries vanish when I'm with him. Somehow, I don't know why.

What if it's not just that I like his company and something more? I read somewhere that love doesn't require time. We can fall whenever, wherever and with whoever we want.

He coughed on cue as if to make my mind out of these thoughts to him.
"What are you thinking?" He asked.
About you.
"Nothing, just whatever happened earlier today."I lied.
"Ohh, get that out of your mind it's gonna hurt you. You're safe now, you're with me." He smiled, squeezing my hand.
That gave me butterflies.

The way he smiled and everything about him was so enthralling for some reason.

I've never ever felt like this before.

Am I really in love?

JESS'S POV:

"Thank you for dropping me." I said to Noah.
"No problem, sorry for being a brat yesterday, by the way." He said, looking apologetic.
"No that's fine, don't worry. Why don't you come in? I'll make you something. " I offered him, low-key hoping he accepted it.

"Sure." He got out of his car and joined me.

Well, I forgot to say, you've got a pretty house." He smiled.
"Thank you." I told him.
"Sit, I'll get you coffee." I told him, smiling.
"Yeah, thanks." He said.

We sat for some hours talking, until it was really dark outside. I didn't realise I had slept on Noah's shoulder.
"I'm so so sorry. Oh God, I didn't realise." I told him.
"It's okay, Jess." He said.

I heard his phone ring.
"Excuse me." I nodded in response.

"What!? How!? Yeah, okay. We'll stay here and when time give me a call, we'll come out."

"What happened? Is everything alright?" I asked Noah.
"Pack your things up. We're leaving the town. Right now. "

By his tone, I knew talking back wasn't the right option so I ran upstairs to pack my bags up.
I called Annie.
"Hey Annie! Are you fine?" I asked her.
"Jess, please come here, I'm scared I need you."

She was crying.