Night

JESS'S POV:

I had figured out few things.
Few of them being,
1) I'm the princess of Renisa and I have the power to save the vampires or other species.

2) I'm here reborn after 200 years after I was killed by V. No wonder why he felt familar.

3) We had 30 seconds to leave the Palace but we failed.

So right now, we were in my room. All door were locked, including windows. At periodic intervals, there was a thud on our door.

The new Lord was calling us outside. He didn't know there were two humans inside, did he?

"He does." Answered Noah.
"How?"
"He's the Lord, Jess. Plus human blood has a characteristic smell. It helps us identify where humans are." Ouch, okay. So he knew.

I hummed in response.

Annie and I just sat on the bed, meanwhile Ana, Sohail and Noah figured out different scenarios.
None of them seemed to be efficient enough to get us out of here.

"Actually.. why don't we ask help from the wolves?" Ana suggested.
"What would they do?" I asked.
"Their odour is..suffocating. They can help to distract them all." She explained.
"How will we get wolves here? They hate us." Sohail intervened.
"I..I can." I told them.
"How?" Noah asked.
"Will." I answered.

He sort of rolled his eyes on the mention of Will but then he nodded. I ignored it.

I dialed Will's number.

It just rang for a while. I waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?"
"Who's this?" The other side asked.
"Um, is Will there?"
"Who are you?"
"Jess."
"Leave him the heck alone!" The lady on the other side yelled, making me flinch.

Noah looked at me, in a way of asking "what's wrong?"

In a second, the phone line got dead.

Who was she? Why was she telling me to leave him alone?

"Um.. she hung up." I told them all.
"She?" Annie asked.
"Yeah.. it was some lady. She told me to leave Will alone."
"Not another problem, for God's sake." Annie whined.
I sighed.

I wanted a solution of this problem. The thuds were getting louder and it could be broken any second.

The only option was to run.

"We.. we need to run." I told them.

They all looked at me like I was joking but after a while they understood that we had no options left with us.

As we were on the windows, ready to jump. I heard a similar growl.

Will.

I smiled.

"I knew he'd not leave me."

All the commotion outside slowly dispersed due to the smell of their pack.

It was almost 12 wolves all together.

The door opened. One of them came forward to me. I instantly knew who it was. I touched it's head and walked back.

He transformed into a human. They all did. All of them had brilliant bodies, even the women.
They all looked of Will's age.

"Vampires, huh?" One of them remarked.
"I'm doing this for my friend, Jess." Will rolled his eyes.

He has..changed.

He doesn't have the same childish glow in his eyes anymore. He has matured.

"They're not going to be here so soon. Get away as soon as possible." He said in a hushed tone.

We started running downstairs.

The wolves were running behind us. Since Annie and I couldn't match the speed of the vampires or wolves, Sohail and Noah picked us up.
Soon we were out of the Castle.

They had put us down but the danger was still prevalent more, this time.

"What do we have to do now?" I asked.
"Come with us, no vampire can enter our land." One of the wolves said.
"But..what about Noah and others?" I asked.

Will looked at the others and spoke something.

"They can come as well."
"Let's not wait here. Let's go." Will said.

All of us followed the wolf pack.

It was in the middle of the jungle. There lied a few cottages. There was a river as well at a distance. It was in the heart of the jungle.
It looked absolutely mesmerising.

I could just stay here forever..

After we got settled in different huts, I came out of the hut to walk around.

"This place is beautiful, Will." I smiled at him.

He..just ignored me and left.

"Will!" I ran towards him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Leave it."
"No. Tell me." I insisted.

"You left me. No sooner did you find your one true 'love', you left me. This is what you always did. Did I never mean anything? I needed you but you never called neither texted. You did nothing to reach me. But me? I was there whenever you wanted. You ruined me."

His words were like a sharp sword in my heart. His words were true but it hurt more than I'd ever imagined. I hated myself for being so selfish. He was right.

"Will.. I'm sorry. It's not gonna fix shit but I need you to forgive me."
"Yeah of course you need me. That's why this apology. Save it." He laughed and left.

His words were of such nature that hurt more than anything ever did. He meant the world to me.

I messed up, yet again.

After a little stroll around the place, I reached back to my hut. Noah was sitting doing something on his phone.

"Hey Jess."
"Hi."
He looked up to me, "Are you fine?"

I broke down in his arms.

"Shh, baby, what's wrong?"
"Will.. he thinks I'm selfish, that's true but I.. " I cried incessantly.

I told him the whole story, by that time, he was shaking with rage.

Without a word, he left.

And then there was him above Will, all others stopping them from killing each other.

"Stop it!" I yelled, running towards them.
"If it's because of me, just end it!" I cried.
"I don't want another misery. Please."
"Say this to your sweetheart." Will snarled.
"You-"
"Noah, stop. It's fine." I interrupted him.

"Guys, thank you but we can't stay here any longer. We need to change places because the Lord could find us, and it poses a threat to our lives." Ana smiled.

And then, we left.

It was just the five of us and the never ending forest.

While we were running towards finding a shelter to stay for the night, I heard someone behind us.

"Noah.. I guess someone's following us." I told.

Ana looked at me.
She closed her eyes.

And opened it. She was wide eyed and stunned.

"Ana..?" Sohail called her out.

"They're here." Was all that she said.