Rain.

ANNIE'S POV:

"I think I made it too clear yesterday that I don't want students to get distracted when I'm teaching, didn't I?" Sohail says. I don't even want to address him properly because of his demeanour towards me.

"I'm sorry, this won't happen again." I say watching him take a seat beside me.
"If this happens again i-" He gets interrupted by a group of boys entering our class.
"AYE! Sohail, where'd you die?" One of them yells.
"We're getting late for the club, let's go!" The other one says.

"You got saved today, next time, you won't." He says as I watch him leave. He gives me one last look and says,
"Get home directly! No detours." He says making me suppress the urge to roll my eyes.
I just nod in response.

The weather today since morning had been pretty bad, good for me. Its just 5 p.m. and it was already dark.
I start to make my way towards the exit and it started drizzling. I thought of calling Jess but then she must be in her university. I liked rain, a little too much. This was the perfect opportunity to dance in the rain. The whole school was empty anyway.

I ran out in the rain, my arms wide open and I start running in circles. I was smiling so hard that my cheeks started hurting. Rain is something so pure. I like people who smile when it rains. As I sit in the rain looking up, the raindrops washing my face. I look back to my past, something that had haunted me and my sister since eternity but now, we're past that. It wouldn't ever come back to us, ever. Even though my sister and I aren't that close to our parents but still, I'm forever thankful to them for sending us to Canada, away from all the traumas.

I just sat there in the dark, no sound except of the pearl like beads dropping on the ground. It was really cold but I had no motive to stand up and walk home. It was as if I was waiting, waiting for specific someone to come and get me. But unfortunately, it was rain and rain and rain.

SOHAIL'S POV:

It started raining hard, we had to cancel our plan of going to the 'club'. Glad, some time alone, away from people is always peaceful.
I decided to go back to the class to see if that girl, Annie, was still there or no.
As I started walking towards the class, I notice through one of the glass windows, someone laying still on the ground.

I ran as fast as I could. I knew everything about medicine and care so I was quite confident that I'd be able to help if someone was hurt. I was utterly shocked to see the same person who had been on my mind for some reason since yesterday.

Laying cold with a smile on her face. I pick her up and create a barrier between her body and the rain through an umbrella. She clings to me as she starts shivering. Understandable, it was really cold.

She shouldn't have been outside at that time. I told her not to go anywhere but her house. Stupid me, I should've dropped her home before. Not because of the rain but the reason that she doesn't know the dangers outside, today especially.

Noah had taken Jess home as we had decided.

As I put Annie on the passenger's seat in my car, I get a call.

"Hey Ana." I say.
"WHAT HEY?! YOU YELLED AT ME SHUTUP!" She yelled through the phone.
"CALM down. Your friend attempted rain-icide." I tell her.
"Rain what"
"She sat in the rain, for what seems like hours and I found her laying down on the ground, she's cold. What's her address?"
"This girl. I'll ask Noah, he went to drop her sister as we planned." She tells me through the call.
"Mhm, yeah, let me know." I tell her and hang the call up.

God, what am I supposed to do with her?

JESS'S POV:

This guy drove the bike like a maniac. We reached my house in no time.
I utter a thank you to him and he just ignored me completely and left on his bike.
I've never seen someone so weird. The road was too quiet today.
The lights were off inside out house.
"Annie?" I call out to her.
"Annie?" I start getting worried.

"Ring...ring..ring.." No one answered the call, I thought of trying again but then I heard the doorbell. Probably, Annie, I hope.

I walk up to the door and open it to find a barely conscious Annie.
"ANNIE!" I place my hands on her cheeks to find her body really cold.

No I can not cry. That's what I've been taught. Being strong means not crying. I won't cry.

"Move, I've studied medical." The same guy who dropped me, following the café girl and a guy carrying Annie, enter our house.

I didn't know what was going on so I just sat there, waiting for someone to explain me.
The girl came up to me,
"Hi! I'm Ana, I'm Annie's friend and the same girl from the café." She says smiling.
I faked a small smile and nodded.
I couldn't care less about anyone, I just wanted Annie.
"How's Annie?" I ask.
"They know what they're doing, okay? They're both doing this since a long time." She tells me.
"They look 21-22." I say, almost angry.
She just laughed in response.
"Trust me, your sister is gonna be fine." As soon as she completed her sentence, both the boys came out of the room.

"She regained her consciousness." The guy who had dropped me home said.
"Thanks Noah and Sohail, you both do wonders." The Ana girl hugged them.

I ran up to Annie's room and I felt them follow me.
"ARE YOU OKAY? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?"I yell at her, angry and relieved at the same time. Tears fill my eyes.
"Shh.." Annie says, laughing.
"Well your sister sat in the cold rain for hours and lost consciousness due to the cold, she was exposed to high risks of hypothermia. But she's okay now. Don't let her eat anything cold." One of the guy says.
"Sohail..sir..Ana..?" Annie says.
"Uh hi Annie, sorry I just omitted some parts of my life. This is Noah and you know Sohail, they're my brothers. Not blood related but, yeah. " Ana explains to Annie.
"Ann, you know them" I ask Annie.

"Yeah, she's my new friend I told you about and he's the professor with the anger..anger issues." She completes her sentence earning a laugh from Ana and a stare from Sohail.
"I didn't mean that, sorry." She says to him.
"Annie, you should say thank you to him for saving your life." I tell her.
"Yeah, thank you." She says not meeting his eyes.
"Well, we'll go now, take care Annie. Bye." Ana says, smiling and waving at Annie.
"Bye Ana. See you tomorrow." Annie says, watching them all leave.

I closed the door and came to Annie's room.
"What the hell was that behaviour, Annie? You could've got so hurt." I ask her in a strict tone.
"Sorry Jess but you know how much I love rains. " She explains.
"You aren't gonna attempt that again, got it?"
"Yeah, got it." She whined.
"You rest, I'll prepare soup for you."

I walk up to the kitchen to prepare the soup for her. For a second, looking at her I felt like I had lost everything I had, she's actually the only one left for me. I'd not let her get hurt, no.

I play some soft music and take the soup to her room.
"Here take this and sleep, okay? You wont go to school tomorrow, you'll rest." I tell her.
"But-"
"No buts, what happened? I thought you hated school?" I laughed.
"No I just wanted to see..Ana." She sounded unconvinced.
"You sure?" I ask her with a light laugh.
"Yeah. Don't worry I'll be fine you go rest!" She tells me.
"Yeah, take care, I'm here only. Just call for me ,I'll be here." I tell her and give her a warm hug and leave her room.

Outside, the stars are twinkling and there's no one on the streets, just the moon and the stars. It was pretty odd. My mind kept going to what had happened today the Noah guy and his friend and Ana. Everything. Why did he drop me?

I needed answers and I'll get them.