Crazy

That's the word I'd use to describe the feeling that I get when I'm with him.

JESS'S POV:

Noah had decided earlier today that he would take me to all the places we had been to in the year 1865. I was excited because I was curious, I wanted to ask him a dozen questions. Yeah, to be precise, I had a list of them and it was twelve, exact.

I was getting ready to go. I was deciding what to wear. Something authentic and cultural.
I had found the perfect fit for the occasion.

After getting ready, I was walking down the stairs. My eyes were fixed at that one tall boy with messy hair. So exhilarating.

I went up to him. He was wearing a tuxedo.
A black one, the colour most boys love but something about him was.. radiating a different energy. A different kind. He was unique and so lovely. I used to hate him in the starting but now when I look back, he did all of that to protect me and I'm never leaving him again, as promised.

He was vulnerable when it came to me. To say that he's the strongest and the fastest vampire is one thing but I've noticed he's always cautious around me, as if he doesn't want to hurt me even by mistake. He took care of me, even in the worst situations.

It's been a month since the Dracula had invited us over for the feast. It's in a week and we were still not obdurate enough to stand with our plans. Well, Sohail and Ana were thinking about several ways to protect us but it was still not found.

Sohail had been teaching Annie so that she excels in her academics. That's funny because they do everything except studying. I'm glad she found him, if it wasn't for him she would've never been happy. But now, whenever she's with him her face is bright and cheerful. Just as yesterday, Sohail and Annie had gone on a date and she came back laughing louder than ever. Her eyes always crinkled when she laughed heartily, it used to be a rare occurance back in Canada but here, it's a daily thing now. Sohail is a good guy for her. He protects her from this dirty side of our world.

Noah and I were walking hand in hand towards the car. He knew driving, well of course he did, it would be a shame that you've lived for more than three centuries and you didn't do everything in the world. I sat in the passenger's seat beside Noah.

He looked at me and winked saying, "Ready for the day, ma'am?"
"If I say no, would I be allowed to go?" I joked.
"No."
"Well then, hit the accelerator." I laughed and he joined me.

He drove like a maniac, no offence. The speed was out of the world. I played the radio and it played,
"If I die young bury me in satin.."

The song just played and Noah hit the stop button.
I flinched at the sound.

"I'm sorry uh-"
"It's fine but why did you stop the music?"
"Let's not talk about dying, yeah? I'll die before you. I'm older and my legs are hard inside the grave." He joked.
"Noah." I glared at him.
"Okay okay, sorry. It's just I can't imagine losing you. I finally got you after so long, I'm ready to wait for a million years for your love but I'm selfish, Jess. I won't let you go this time, and if you go, I'll go with you. We can kill ourselves so you don't worr-"
"Shut up. No one is going anywhere. Don't talk about this. We're not dying. Ana will find a way out. Don't worry." I said.
"Yeah, let's not ruin the vibe." And with that he played the song, "they don't know about us."

"Ooh, fitting." I laughed.
"Well they do know about us. Still, if you say so." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and yelled to the lyrics. I love One Direction. Who didn't?

After a solid thirty minutes, we reached.
"Aaaand we're here." He smiled, his eyes glistening.
"Woah.." It was a park a very very old park. It had broken down completely and had nothing but a swing left. It looked completely dusted and finished.
"This is where I first met you. You were giving some pigeons food to eat and playing with dogs." He laughed lightly.
"What?" I laughed. I loved dogs, not sure about the pigeons though.
"Yeah and I went to help you. You thought I was some kind of a bad boy and ran away." He remembered.

He remembered it all too well.

"Yeah I do." He said reading my mind, " it's almost as if I want to assure myself that yes I was that, that happened, yes it did. I want myself to know that wasn't a dream I was there, I was.." His voice went terribly low.

My eyes felt like they could cry at any moment.

I placed my hand above his.
"This time it's forever, okay?" I smiled.
"Yes." He smiled back.

We walked towards the park. It felt like I've been here. Sometimes, it feels like we've done this before, some vague snippets in our head shows that it's been done before. The same thing was happening right now.

"You were standing there." He pointed to a broken fountain.
I ran up there and stood there with my eyes closed.
I felt an immense heart connection with the place.
"You used to come here daily with your father." He laughed.
"Really? Woah." I was shocked.
"Yeah, you had a good relationship with your parents, ironically. " He said.

Explains why I've got a shit one in this life. I laughed at myself.

"Okay now shoot your questions." He laughed.
"Okay, how did I get engaged to you?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Because of my magic spell." He winked.
"Yeah whatever, I need the whole story."
"Okay, ma'am. First, let me get you an ice cream. You used loved that." He said.
"Oh my God, yes! Ice creams." I grinned.

We were walking towards an ice cream parlour when Noah got a call from Sohail.

"Noah, we need to leave for the Lord's Anniversary now or else there's a threat to our life. Mostly Jess and Annie." He spoke in a rushed tone. I heard Annie's little cries from the background and Sohail comforting her too.
"We're coming, are we ready with the plane?" He asked.
"Yeah, we need to get to the airport, fast." Sohail answered.
"Where's Ana?" Noah asked.
"She's.. uh, she already left for Venice."
"Alone?!"
"Yeah. She wanted to go first to see what the Lord wants."
"Are you kidding me? You let her go?" Noah asked, furious.
"Come here ,I'll explain. You know no one can stop her."
"Right. You both come to the airport. We'll directly come there."
"Okay. Be quick." Sohail hung up the call.

"You heard him." Noah told me.
"Let's go." I answered.

"Wait."
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Uh.. promise me. Promise me, you'll not do something stupid just to save us or something. Promise me." He looked into my eyes.
"I..I promise."
"I love you." He said.
I just smiled in return. Sorry Noah, you're not getting hurt because of me again.

After a drive of 15 minutes, we reached the airport.
Sohail and Annie had already reached. I hugged Annie and she sighed,
"Everything will be fine na, Jess?"
"Yeah, Ann." I smiled and hugged her.

"We're going from our private jet. "
"You guys have one?"
"Yeah. We're living since 300 years.." Sohail laughed at Noah's response.

We sat inside the plane. I sat beside Noah who held my hand tightly as if this is the last time he would ever do that.

As soon as the airplane took off, we were in middle of the clouds.
I looked outside and then at Noah.

"What would I have done without you?" I thought to myself.
"It was meant to be. Now shush and come here." He opened his arms and I slept.

After few hours, I woke up to the sound of someone calling my name.

"Jess, we're here. Wake up."