Attack

JESS'S POV:

I was beyond infuriated. So so mad. Even though those monsters managed to heal my sister, they had no right to hurt us.

Will? How could he!? He didn't even bother to tell me...that he was a wolf. Even when these all are real, it sounds so incredibly stupid.

I had enough money to reschedule our tickets to Canada to today.

"Annie, we're leaving for Canada by the very next flight." I told her.
"Good. I don't wanna be here.." She said.

I nodded. I knew she'd felt immensely bad, anyone would. It was kind of obvious she had taken a liking in Sohail. Now, he had hurt her, both physically and mentally.

As we were walking towards the main city, I heard someone walking behind us. I stopped to look back.

Of course, how could I ever forget I had met four creeps in the jungle too. They smiled innocently at me, the smile had nothing innocent in it, though.

Running away would be a stupid decision. What were we supposed to do? Maybe if we distract them and hide, it'd probably protect us from these satanic creatures.

"Hi. Did you bring that person along?" I pointed towards the jungle. They looked back.

Perfect opportunity.

Annie and I ran and hid behind the humongous stone. My heart was beating abnormally fast. To say I was scared would be an understatement.

I looked at Annie who looked as if she'd faint anytime soon.

"No, you have to stay strong, Ann." I whispered.
She nodded with every bit of energy that's left in her.
"I can't do this Jess.. Please." She murmured.
"Stay here." I told her.

The four had now become very angry due to my stupid move.

I decided to step out. Whatever they'll do, it'll be to me. Annie would be safe.

"Do you consider us that dumb?" In a flash, they were beside me. Vampires.

"I'm not scared." I told them, standing straight.
"Oh! Then you'll be now." One girl from them smirked.
"My name's Alaya and he's Rocky, he's Eden and she's Lily." Alaya informed me.

Rocky smirked and walked towards me.
"I can feel your heartbeat increase, are you sure you're not scared, Miss...?" Rocky asked.
"Jess." I answered.
"Enough talks, I'm hungry. She smells delicious." Lily said.

No. That's enough.

"Get over with this already." I demanded.
"You don't think we can smell your sister too?" Alaya laughed.

I did what I shouldn't have done. I slapped her.

My hand felt like it just had hit a stone.

Her eyes got red. The thing I had noticed happens with vampires when they're angry or hungry. Here, it's both.

She growled and tackled me on the ground.

I couldn't breathe. At all.

My eyelids drooped down. The last thing I remembered was Annie running infront of me but being grabbed by Lily and Rocky. Meanwhile, Eden standing there quietly, watching it all.

ANNIE'S POV:

"JESS!" I ran frantically towards Jess.

"SOHAIL!" I called out for him, inspite of whatever he did earlier today, I needed him.

How would he even hear me though?

That Alaya was leaning down towards Jess. I had to stop it somehow.

Sohail, please where are you?

I took a stone and aimed at Alaya's head. It seemed to make an impact since her anger got diverted towards me.

Fight me, chick.

I leaned down to gather more stones. As soon as I got up, Alaya and her people were surrounding me.

Nah, I ain't dying today. No way.
I looked over to Jess, she was struggling to move.
Alaya, you.

I threw all the stones on her face, the one she thinks is pretty.
I don't care if this is a bad move, I need revenge.

I trust Sohail, I know he'd help me. I know.

But, I don't need him. I am self sufficient to help my sister. I will do it.

I noticed those four had disappeared. There's no one to be seen.

I run towards Jess and shook her body.
"Jess! Wake up, please. We'll run away from here. Please." I cried.

She struggled to open her eyes.

At last, she succeeded in opening it.
"Are..you okay?"
"That's not the question, Jess. Are YOU okay?" I asked her.
"Yeah.." She closed her eyes tightly and opened it again.

Her wrists and feet were badly bruised due to that rat, Alaya.

"We need to run from here. They could be here anytime soon." I pleaded.

She tried to get back to her feet but she staggered and fell on her knees to the ground.

"You can do it. Please." I told her.
She tried again, a bit harder this time.
"Ughhhhh." She said, frustrated.

She got to her feet, finally.
"Let's go." She said, determined.
"Yes!" I replied.

We started running. Jess tried her best through her bruised feet to make it through the jungle, as soon as possible.

As I was running, I stumbled on a stone.
I was about to fall on the stone infront of me, when a strong hand slid through my waist to protect me from falling.

I looked at the hand and knew exactly who it was.

Sohail.

I looked back at him. His eyes were red and guilty.
It was almost as if he was crying and restless.

It made me feel bad somehow but what he did to me was unforgiveable.

"Get off me." I said, roughly.
"Annie, listen to me. I'm really sorry-"
"Who said I needed you or your sorry?" I faked a laughter.
"Annie.. I didn't mean to do whatever I did, I don't know what happened to me. Our bodies are way different and sometimes it's not me controlling it. I've got no power over me sometimes." He explained.
"So you'd do it again, you know what? Just kill me." I said.
" Annie! Don't say that. I'm really sorry. I'm trying my best control myself when angry. I'm learning. All for you ." He ended with a hurtful smile.
"Why me?" I whispered.
"Because I love-"

"STOP IT! You almost killed her and now you're back again with your stupid and lame excuses. You all are nothing but mere demonic creatures. Let us go. Leave us alone." Jess interrupted him.

I'm glad she did. I don't have the power to hear whatever he had to say. Not now.

"Okay, I'll tell you both everything, every single thing. Just come with us, please. It's not safe out here and you all know it. Look at you Jess, you're hurt. Please come with us. " Ana pleaded.

I looked at Jess. She nodded.

Ana was partially right. Jess needed rest more than anything right now.

I nodded at Ana.

They all looked relieved.

As we started walking, I saw Noah picked up Jess in his arms.
"PUT ME DOWN!" Jess protested.
"You're hurt. Shut up and stay here." He smirked.
"I am fully capable of walking, get me down." She said, angry.
"With the speed of yours, we'd reach tomorrow." Noah laughed and Jess rolled her eyes. I smiled at them.

If only they weren't vampires..