Double danger

Annie's POV:

"Hii!" My new school friend, Ana, says as soon as I get into my class. Today, unlike any other day, I woke up on time and reached my class in time.
"Look at you doing wonders, huh? You actually reached on time. Am I dreaming?" She smirks.
"Well yeah, pretty much, one of us had to do something good for once and considering you wouldn't ever do that, so I did." I reply back with the same energy and she ends up laughing. It felt like we were friends since years, we just met yesterday.

Mr. Sohail, our professor, entered the class. He was pretty handsome and around 21. He had some kind of feud with me, it seemed. He taunted me the whole day yesterday, considering the fact that I just came here yesterday, I felt it was too much. Maybe he did that with everyone.
I started taking my phone out so that I could get that on silent, I notice that Jess had left a text for me that read,

" Do you need something from the café? I could pick it up on my way from the university! I'll be back around 8 p.m., just wanted to let you know. Have a good day!"

I kind of liked the croissant she had brought yesterday, so I thought of telling her to get me one.
No sooner did I keep my phone and look up, I noticed Mr. S looking at me. I awkwardly looked away and started talking to Ana.

"And when dilute sulphuric acid is added to cane sugar, it gives a black residue called sugar charcoal." Sohail was teaching chemistry, so boring. Meanwhile, Ana seemed to understand him pretty well. I started to look outside, the birds chirping, middle school kids playing outside. I was so deep into my thought that I barely noticed Ana yelling at me.
"ANNIE! THE PROFESSOR IS CALLING YOU! ANNIE, GET BACK ON EARTH!"
I came back to reality. The classroom was just me and Ana, Sohail sitting on his chair in the front, looking rather angry. To say I was scared would be an understatement.

"Ana, you can leave." He said.
"But sir-" She tried to interrupt.
"I said leave!" He yelled at her, making me tremble with fear.

She looked at me with apologetic eyes and whispered,
"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." She said as I watched her leave.
It wasn't her fault but I didn't know what would happen now.

I watched him come over to my desk.

JESS'S POV:

I had texted Annie about an hour ago, the text was read by her but she still didn't reply. Maybe she was busy in her class.
I start doing calculus as maths was something I was smart at, I had no problem in dealing with any kind of question.

Rosa and I had grown quite close with each other, she had a rough, rough past. She told me there were frequent murders and theft in our city and her sister was also a victim, I tried to abate her pain by telling that her sister is in a better place. She smiled at me.

"Hey! Let's go to the park nearby! We have almost an hour as Mrs. Smith is on a leave." Rosa says excitedly.
"Yeah, alright. Sounds like a plan. Let's go."

We walked around for a while in the park, it was so calming. I liked being alone, so much. Even though I had Rosa right now, I didn't really mind her company.
"So, Jess, tell me about yourself. You've heard all of me. " She says with a laugh.
"What do you wanna know?" I ask her.
"Tell me about your family, your life, your relationsh-"
"I'm single, I've got no interest in those stuffs." I say crinkling my nose.
"Family?" She asks.
"I've got my parents, they're too busy with their work so we're not that close and I have a little sister, she's in high school. She's 18. "
"So, you and your sister live here alone?" Rosa asks.
"Mhm, yeah. Not like we mind though. We enjoy each others' company. " I reply with a smile.
"You're really lucky." She smiled
"Yeah, I am." I smile back.
"Well, we should get going, our break is about to end." I tell her.
"Yeah, few more hours in hell." She laughs.

It was almost 7 pm, I was getting ready to go back home from the library. On my eay back, I checked my phone, still no reply from Annie. I was starting to get worried but maybe she's just upset, she said she liked the croissant, I thought of taking it for her.

I entered the café, something always attracted me here. I looked around the café and I couldn't find the girl. Just those other people.
"I'd like two croissants, please? Parcel." I say to the guy standing at the same place the girl used to.

I was just exiting the café when I felt an extremely cold hand stopping me.
I turned back.
"Come with me." A guy from the group last night told me.
He took my hand and told me to sit on his bike,
"I can go by myself, thanks." I tell him.
"Sit. That's the final time I'm saying, I swear to God." He says his eyes turning dark.
I reluctantly sit on his bike.

NOTE:

Bhai atleast story me to sohail ko dekh pau irl😭🙏