16

TW: Mentions of substance abuse, sexual assault, and abuse.

Kenma's POV:

The bell had just rung which meant it was finally lunch time. I grab my bag and head to the outside picnic tables where I always eat.

Usually the people that I eat with are suga, hinata, akashi, yamaguchi, kuroo, oikawa, iwaizumi, and bokuto. Occasionally Daichi, Kageyama, and Tsukishima will sit with us if they have a free period.

As I approach the table my eyebrows knit in confusion. I see suga, hinata, yamaguchi, and akashi chatting with someone else sitting at our table. I can't see their face because their back is facing towards me. But as I get closer, my eyes widen as I realize who it is.

He catches me staring and smiles.

"Kenma! It's been a while huh? Let's catch up."

"Suna?!" I say in complete shock and he smiles.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask and everyone looks at us confused.

"Well, if you sit down first then i'll tell you." Suna says and I sigh. God is really testing my patience today. I take a seat next to akashi. Suga, Hinata, and Suna sit across from me.

"So I kinda got kicked out of my school cause they found my stash. Along with some other drugs that we do not speak of..." Suna says and I roll my eyes.

"Honestly I'm not surprised at all." I say and suna puts a hand over his heart dramatically.

"Ouch! Soooo, I heard you and kuroo are now a thing~" Suna sings and I glare at hinata and suga, knowing they are to blame for this. They give me a nervous smile and I shake my head.

"Yeah we are."

"You look like you've been doing way better since I last saw you huh. How long ya been clean?" Suna asks and I sigh, closing my eyes as a bunch of flashbacks hit me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Flashback]

I close my eyes as I feel a wave of warmth and overwhelming happiness hit me out of no where. I smile, my vision starting to get blurry and my head spinning. The sound of loud music can be heard blasting through the walls. I hear a voice saying something. The voice sounds echoed and I turn my head to see suna sitting beside me, with a smile just as big as mine.

"Feels good right?" He says smiling and I giggle.

"Feels amazingggggg~" I sigh as I fall backwards onto the bed. Suna falls with me.

"Getting blasted with you is always the best kenma." Suna says looking up at the ceiling of the room. I giggle again and he sighs happily.

"Ya still have the needle in your arm. Lemme get it." Suna points out, and I look down at my arm. He's right. I completely forgot about the needle, I was too focused on the pleasure.

I nod my head and he slowly removes the needle.

"Hey where do ya get this stuff anyway mannn." I ask sounding high as fuck.

"Ya don't gotta worry about that kenma. Just take in the feelingggg." He answers and I nod.

Me and Suna had been doing this for what felt like forever. Well more like only for a couple of months. During these couple of months I was in bad shape. My parents were pretty abusive. My dad would come home drunk everyday, then he'd hit me, sexually assault me...do things that I didn't want.

But it wasn't about what I wanted. No matter how hard I fought him, I could never win. My mother was a drug addict. She was either in the house, not caring about my father doing these things to me, high outta her mind or she was gone.

I wanted answers. I wanted to know why my parents did these things to me. I wanted the pain to end. That's when I met suna. If it weren't for suna back then, I would probably be dead right now. I told suna about my troubles because I trusted him. He understood that I couldn't tell anyone else or go to the police because he experienced the same thing.

Suna was also a victim of abuse. One day I went over to his house while my parents weren't home. That's when he showed me his stash and in his stash was something I had never seen before.

"Heroine? What's that?" I ask and suna laughs.

"Only the best drug ever made. I take this almost everyday. It helps get rid of the pain. The second I take this, all my problems go away. Now i'm not gonna force you-" Suna explains but I cut him off.

"I want it."

"Huh?"

"I wanna try it." I say and suna smirks.

"Are you sure? Cuz the second you try it, there's no going back." He says and I nod in confirmation.

He was right. After I tried it that one time. I was hooked. You're all probably wondering where kuroo was when this all started. He was out of town. About 5,300 miles away from tokyo. In sunny California. He was there for about a year before returning to tokyo.

Kuroo got a really good gig in California for Volly ball. A gig he couldn't pass up. So when he told me about it I practically forced him to go. I wasn't gonna let him miss this opportunity to just stay with me. Fuck that. And just like that he went. That full year suna became my new best friend.

Me and kuroo stayed in touch but at that time suna was really there for me when I needed it. One day me and suna developed a plan to run away together. From our abusive parents. We bought two bus tickets that took us to Kyoto. Let's just say our plan didn't quite work out. But both of our parents were turned in and we both got foster parents.

Kuroo came back but Suna moved away. I hadn't heard from him since. Until now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited!

Pretty big twist huh? Don't worry there's gonna be more twists to come. Hope you enjoyed, remember to eat and drink! Love you all <3

~Author