60: Exhausted

It's currently like 1:30 in the morning, I've been writing this for the past two days.

Another song that I listened to while writing this is added above, I hope someone might enjoy it. I might just end up linking my Spotify playlist if people enjoy the random songs enough 😂 It's on a playlist I made inspired by Killing Stalking, it's just lofi + songs that just give that vibe, yk?

But anyways, I hope you enjoy, my lovelies <3 <3 <3

(1640 words)

~~~

It was such a peaceful night.

So quiet, so still. Nothing at all seemed the matter. You were asleep. Sound asleep, actually. Seemingly resting within the comfortable warmth of Lawliet's arms, nothing could have ever ruined such a wonderful night.

Until-

"God FUCKING damn it!"

Your eyes shot open, your heart immediately going at such swift pace. It was dark. Night again. But yet again, L was not there. And after what you've just heard..it seemed that you knew very well of where he was.

Sitting up, you knees immediately seemed to raise up and hold themselves against your chest. What was happening, you thought. L was such a gentle and serene guy, he never raised his voice..not like that.

It was like a repeat of last time. Careful movements out of the bed led to quiet and slowed steps. The pain from your healing wound was still there, of course it was. It only made things harder.

Maybe you shouldn't go down there..but what about L? Was everything okay..? Was he okay?

Just a few steps and long awaited moments..you were there.

And there he was, too. His hair covered over his eyes as usual as his slender, bony fingers found themselves entangled within his messy raven locks.

"..L?" Your soft voice just barely came above a whisper, though L was sure to hear it.

But what had startled you the most was the way he reacted. From beneath his bangs, his somber eyes suddenly snapped up towards your direction, looking right at you. You backed up only a little with eyebrows knitting in concern..and maybe a little worry, too.

"..Go back to bed, y/n." L's strained, raspy voice managed to speak in a calmer tone. He didn't move. He didn't come to greet you with a smile and pull you in his arms like he usually did.

"But-" You immediately interrupted yourself upon seeing the bloodied mess that was his knuckles. "L, y-you're bleeding!"

What had he done? From the looks of it, it was a self-inflicted wound. He had to have hit something. What was he thinking? What in the world could possibly have him on edge like that?

And now of course, you began to approach him, he sat up a bit, his eyes looking over in your direction.

"Y/n, I'm fine-"

"You've busted your knuckle open, there's blood all over your hand-." Your hand took a hold of his wrist, reaching out to touch his hand, but..