42

Lmao it's new chapter #3 😂

And I think you might want to read a bit slowly. The handcuffs are coming off ;)

I also highkey made myself cry while writing this, i'm so single

Anyways, be sure to comment.

There's nothing I love more than to hear your thoughts <3 <3 <3

(2487 Words)

~~~

Silence

That eerie silence fell upon the headquarters. This time, it was full of people, including the..shinigami.

Ryuzaki was quietly watching Misa's surveillance video displayed on the screen. she was reading a book.

Aizawa was reading through the Death Note, while you and Matsuda were beside each other, staring at the shinigami, both scared to get near it.

"Those whose names are written in this notebook will die.. Unless you have that persons face in your mind, it will have no effect. Thus, people who share the same name will not be affected..."
Aizawa read out loud from the rules written in the notebook.

Ryuzaki quietly stacked the empty cups of creamer he used to put in his tea.

"Further, in the "How to use" section at the back, the states: "if this notebook is made unusable via shredding, burning, and so forth, all those who have touched the notebook will die."

You looked up, finally paying attention while Matsuda gasped
"What?! Is that true, Aizawa?"

"Yup, it's written right now."

"Aw.. that's just shit.. why didn't you tell me earlier?"
Matsuda groaned
"Maybe I should have said "I want to see the shinigami too", and touched that.."

Chief furrowed his eyebrows
"If you hadn't, you'd be the only one in the investigation not knowing what's going on. Is that what you want?"

"N-No, I want to be on the same level as everyone else in this investigation. R-Really!"

Looking down at the book again, Aizawa began to read again
"And this final sentence... "From the moment a new user writes a name into this notebook, they must continue to write names, each within 13 days of the last; otherwise, the user will die."

"Oh! This means that both Light and Misa are completely cleared!"
Matsuda excitedly squealed

"It's true. Light and Misa were imprisioned for over 50 days, and even now are under surveillance. If either were Kira, they'd no longer be alive."
Aizawa added

You bit your lip

Light was Kira the entire time

He is now

Touching that book made him regain his memories.

They don't know anything...

Higuchi was just a babysitter..

"That's great news, isn't it, Chief?!"
Matsuda giddily smiled

"Yes."

"Rem...wasn't it? The white thing over there.."
Ryuzaki's gentle monotone voice spoke from the back of the room

Matsuda gasped
"R-Ryuzaki! That's rude! You can't go around called them "white"!

"Correct." The shinigami replied