23

Now, another day has started, but now the usual things you did were now quite different and frankly..

you hated every bit of it.

Now, you and Ryuzaki sat in front of two screens in a dark room. Watari had already prepared melon slices for you to give him in advance, and you placed them on the table residing in front of you

Misa on the left, and Light on the right. Misa was still strapped to that terrifying device, while Light sat in a room behind bars. From what you could see, he was on some sort of bed. It was kind of eerie how he just sat there silently, unbothered and still.

To you... this felt so wrong. Ryuzaki hadn't taken his eyes off the two for quite some time.

Matsuda and Aizawa stood behind you, silently watching as well.

To your relief, the silence was broken by Chief Yagami walking in

"Ryuzaki..." His voice seemed to echo

"I'd like to request that you take me off this investigation."

"Chief, no!"

"But why?"

Aizawa and Matsuda spoke over eachother as you gasped

Ryuzaki of course, didn't react at all

"I thought about it and the fact is, that we're holding my son, Light as a prime suspect, given that it's not appropriate for me to be here. When we spoke earlier, my feelings got in the way.. It's impossible for me to be objective in this situation."

This was heartbreaking for you to hear, he sounded broken himself. You really didn't want him to leave...

"I agree with you, we can't let personal feelings get in the way."
Ryuzaki responded, his eyes never leaving the screen. It was a disappointing to hear him respond as if he didn't care

"...And, in truth, if-..if the task force concludes that my son is Kira... I don't know what i'll be capable of."

"Yes, i'll agree with you there."
Ryuzaki began to eat one of the melon slices

"To be honest, I wonder what you might do... I believe you'd... kill your son and then yourself... I'd also agree that it's best that we don't have you working here for now."

This is insane... this is so insane..

"..Ryuzaki.. I will ask that you confine me as well. At the moment, i'm calm. But to be honest, i'm not sure how much more of this I can take.."

You could feel your heart drop to the ground as the sounds of gasps filled the room

"Chief Yagami... a-are you sure?"
You asked. For some reason, it bothered you that you didn't have any control in what was happening at all.

"Yes."
He nodded
"I mean every single word."

You wanted everything to be okay, you wanted Chief Yagami to stay with the task force, you wanted Ryuzaki to be okay, you wanted all of this to be over.

It was frustrating, overwhelming,... upsetting.

With a small pout revealing itself on your silghtly trembling lips, tears began to stream down your face as you looked down at your lap. You didn't want Ryuzaki to see, but he noticed anyway. So did Matsuda..

"Ritsuko, are you okay?"
He asked

"She's fine."
Ryuzaki responded for you, gently holding your chin up to face him

"Are you alright, love?"
He silently mouthed to you, and you nodded with a faint smile as a response

"Mr. Yagami, I thought you'd might say that, so I spoke with Watari."
He said as he stuffed his face with the fruit, his eyes softening at the sight of your tears. He pushed your hair behind your ear