Chapter 9- I Think Shit Just Touched The Fan.

(Max's pov)

The underground street fighting arena was like a second home to me and my twin. We used to come here every other day, for our fights, and practically knew everybody present here. Defeating people twice our size and age, earned us the respect from everybody around, that also made people fear us, because inside the fighting ring we were lethal. It was like the beast inside the both of us had been unleashed.

Trying to find a familiar face in the never ending crowd, I spotted our manager, coach, and best friend Adrian. He had basically taken Sia and I under his wing, when he saved us from getting mugged in one of the isolated streets of New York. Summoning us over to our private booth, he sat us down, before starting with his speech.

"Both of you guys are like my siblings, and I will always love you and be proud of you both no matter what. Whatever happens today, I don't want you'll to lose your spirits. Now Max you will be fighting first, next Sia is you, so Alessia I want you to help Max warm up, and I would like you to change as well." He said, monotonous voice, directing the last sentence to Sia, who looked everywhere other than him. She was dressed in one of my sweatshirts, which engulfed her completely, and a pair of white shorts. Then men here, to put it bluntly, were perverts, having no manners or any courtesy whatsoever.

Dragging sissy to the changing room, I quickly asked her to turn around while I changed, after which I turned around giving her privacy. Both of us were very ready and filled with adrenaline, when we went near the fighting ring. Going there after almost 2 months, we could say that we definitely missed fighting. Quickly, giving me a kiss on my cheek, and whispering "Buona fortuna fratello (Good luck brother - Italian)".

My fight ended very quickly, the man opposite me looked to be in his late 20's similar to my older brothers, Vince and Lijah. He was playing a defensive game, and thankfully fate was on my side, as before the fight Alessia had made me practice  my right hook on her. As I was about to step out of the ring, Sia jumped on me, wrapping both her arms around my neck, and both her legs around my waist.

I stumbled back, but gained my balance, and rubbed her back in the excitement that I had won, even after being out of practice for about 2 months. Walking out with my twin in my arms, I asked Adrian to collect the prize money and donate it to the local orphanage which was a mile away from our house.

"Bambina (baby girl - Italian), I am really sweaty right now, besides you have your fight in a few minutes." I said, smiling like a kid on Christmas morning because I loved it when my sister smothered me with affection.

Quickly making her wear protective bandages around her hand, and giving her the mouth guard, I stepped back, making a cold façade appear, in place of the smiling and affectionate behavior I showed in the changing room. Stepping into the ring, she got a good look at the audience, but I noticed her eyes widening at something behind me.

Turning around, my face displaced the shock I was feeling and my eyes became as wide as saucers. "Shit just hit the fan. This may be something that Sia was worried about." I mumbled to myself. Quickly ridding myself of my facial expression, I nodded my head in acknowledgement towards my elder brothers, and Ace.

"What is our baby sister doing inside that ring? And how did you even let her go in there?" Alex questioned, shaking with fury.

"You do realize that you sent our sorellina on a suside mission, as this is one of the most famous fighter around." Elijah said, trying to mask his anger, behind the cold façade all the Romanos were known for.

"I swear both of you'll are grounded for life when we get home." Vincenzo said, gritting his teeth, and the vein on his forehead throbbing painfully. He looked like a time bomb, ready to explode with one wrong move.

I chose not to give a reaction to any of these questions, simply turning my head to observe the fight which had begun. Everybody began cheering for my sister, because like I said before, we were like celebrities here. Known for beating people the double of our size. I knew Alessia was in a fun mood, so she purposely let the man get a few punches on her, making him think he had a chance against her.

What he didn't know was that she was waiting for him to lose his patience and that's when she would strike. Suddenly he growled and lunged towards her, and Sia being Sia, dodged at the last second, and punched him straight in the gut and then his face. All of a sudden there was an uproar of claps and hoots. With a smile on my face, I lifted Sia on my back after telling her how proud I was of her.

Making our way to the changing room, with our older brothers and Ace in tow, we were preparing for an interrogation that we knew was about to come.

"That was very reckless of you young lady."

"Where did you both learn to fight?"

"How do the people around here know you?"

"How long have you both been fighting for?"

"How did you manage to sneak out of the house, with tons of guards?"

"Both of us will respond to all your questions, but for now I want everybody out except my twin, and Adrian, you can come out from behind the door." My twin said, coolly but I knew how nervous she was feeling and I could relate.

Quickly handing Alessia my sweatshirt and shorts, I told her to go change while I spoke to Adrian about our next fights. Coming out from behind the door, she was back in her outfit which she had worn here, and she went to call our brothers in the door. Deciding to go to our private booth, we led everybody there.

Settling down, I began, "Firstly, we have been street fighting for 5 years now. We learnt this from our coach and close friend Adrian here. Secondly, I am sure you must have heard the names Devil's Nightmare and Devil's Angel, well they are us. These people know us because we've fought more than a 100 fights now and have won all of them. Next, I let Alessia into the fight because I have seen her fight people worse than that man out there. If she couldn't protect her, I wouldn't have let her fight. Now do you have any more questions?" I asked, waiting for this interrogation to get over, so that I could go back home and cuddle with my baby.

Talking of baby, I saw my twin sleeping on one of the sofas with her head in Ace's lap. That was suspicious but I knew that Alessia would tell me everything when the right time came, so I didn't question it. I motioned for Ace to wait back, and once all the brothers left, I took my baby in my arms. She must have been really out of it, to not move when I carried her. "I am watching you Ace, so just be careful." Was all I said to him, with an intimidating glare that could put Vince's glare to shame. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please like and comment :)

~Fangurl<3