Chapter 10 - The Memories That Were Buried, Have Surfaced To The Top.

Timeskip - 4 months later

(Sia's pov)

Going home after another fight, I asked Max to change, while I changed as well, and then we cuddled, talking about trivial and random things, till we both fell asleep. I woke up to distinctive chatter going on around me.

"Look at our baby sis, looking like an angel, whereas our baby brother looks like a dying duck."

"Why does she get to cuddle with him, and not me?"

"She's his twin, not yours dumbass."

"Whatever, just let's be quiet and go out. Let's not disturb these two. They had a late night."

"Too late idiots, we were both awake from the moment you guys entered the room." I said, with a yawn. Trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes, and to stretch, as I tried to get up, Max pulled me back and onto his chest. And suddenly there was a huge dogpile on us. With all our brothers jumping on Max and I.

Elijah and Vincenzo were the only ones who didn't take part in this dogpile. But from the side, Lijah was clicking pictures, with a huge simple gracing his face. He had cute dimples on either side of his smile. Even the cold Vincenzo smiled, finally happy that all his siblings were finally bonding and acting like a true family.

We all stayed in that position for sometime, with my head laying on Max's chest, Alex and Xander hugging me from either side and Will hugging Max. We were all absorbing this feeling, of finally being with each other, after 14 years.

Slowly all my brothers started leaving, and the last ones were Vince and Max. Making sure that everybody left, Vince shut my bedroom door, before sitting on the foot of my bed. He wrung his hands together, not knowing how to start with what he was going to say. Suddenly he started, "Yesterday, after your fights, I remember Max saying that you both started learning self defense, and then wanted to learn more so you'll started fighting. Why did you both need to learn self defense at such a young age, may I ask?"

Both me and Max turned pale, at the question asked, unknowingly going back to all the bad memories. All I could think about was the bad place I had fallen into, and how hard it was for Max, Elizabeth, Justin and Lucas to get me out. My mind was stuck onto that day, and all the memories of that day were being played in a loop. How he betrayed us, how he betrayed me, being abused both mentally and physically, being in coma for half an year, everything. Shaking my head to get rid of all these thoughts, I turned my head to see Max had his head in his hands and his shoulders were shaking slightly.

"Non é stata colpa tua, smettila di sentirti in colpa. (It wasn't your fault, stop feeling guilty about it. - Italian.)" I murmured to him softly while rubbing his back in a comforting manner. I knew Vince was smart, and that he would most probably understand what I was saying, but I didn't care. My top priority was my twin right now, who was on the verge of an anxiety attack. Max is one of the strongest person I've ever known, but when it came to me, it was as if something in his head was switched on. He was so protective and possessive. He had to be, when we were children, I would bear all the blows and hits, so that Max would be safe.

Don't get me wrong, both of us have been hurt equally, but I knew the pain of seeing your twin hurt and I didn't want Max to go through the same thing as I did. Rubbing Max's back in a soothing manner, to calm him down worked and as soon as Max gained his bearing and grounded himself completely, he wrapped his arms around my torso, burying his head in the space between my neck and shoulders, whispering how sorry he was that I had to go through so much.

Vince cleared his throat to gain our attention and before he could say anything I said, "Vince let it be, don't question all of this right now. We will tell you everything, when we feel comfortable. Until then, I would appreciate it if you didn't say anything about this to any of our brothers."

"Can I at least give you a hug, I know you both are suffering and I don't like it the slightest, but I swear, sorellina, fratello, I will do anything to take both of your pains away." He said, with a slight wobble in his voice, indicating that he was upset, but didn't want to show it. With that he gave me and Max both a quick but warm hug and left the room.

"Are you okay?" He asked me softly, his voice hoarse.

"I'm okay, just didn't want to remember those things. But I'm okay. Are you okay?"

"As long as you're by my side, I will be." He whispered, afraid to speak any louder.

"Always." I said with a small smile on my face, that my how me and Max had decided to end our heartfelt conversations. We would end it with always, to let each other know that no matter what, no matter where, we would always be there for each other against the world.

"Always sissy." He said, his mood brightening up knowing that he would never lose me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please like and comment :)

~Fangurl<3