Chapter 29- Condolence from best friends.

(Sia's pov)

Like promised, Justin was soon here, but instead of reaching me in what would be a five minute trip from his and Lucas's penthouse, he only took two minutes, and with him in his sports car were Lucas and himself. Upon spotting my best friends, I jumped on them, hugging them tightly. A few tears also escaped my eye during this, and I know that for a fact that both the boys also noticed it.

Gently removing himself from my bone crushing hug, Lucas passed me his gray oversized jacket which I loved, and Justin then placed his hand on the small of my back, leading me to his car. Lucas didn't immediately join as he went to pay for all the things I had put in my cart. This was the time I was very thankful to my friends.

I was now in the backseat of Justin's car, with both the boys sitting in front. Lucas was driving this time while Justin was aggressively typing things out on his phone while occasionally curing under his breath. I had hid my face in the huge hoodie, and was trying hard to suppress my tears, trying to appear strong, but I was having a bad breakdown.

Everything that went down today, was a regular occurrence with Luke, which is why I was so upset today and why I reacted the way I did. I was desperately trying to clear my head from the thoughts of Ace, but everywhere I looked, something or the other reminded me of him.

We soon reached Lucas and Justin's shared penthouse. Getting out of the car, I noticed my twin's bike and Liz's car in the garage. Just as I stepped into the penthouse, I was met by a huge bear hug and by the smell of the person, it was no other than by my best friend and sister of my now ex, Elizabeth. Once again my emotions got the best of me and I again broke down in tears.

I was soon passed onto my twin, who was hugging me tightly, whispering sweet nothings. Between all the hugs and whispers of condolence, I had fallen asleep with my head on my twin's lap and feet on Lucas's lap. In the other room, I could faintly hear Liz and Justin shouting over the phone. Just before falling asleep, I heard Justin, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOU WILL NOT BE MEETING ALESSIA OR EVEN COMING NEAR HER."

As soon as I fell asleep, he was the first person I dreamt of, but unlike with Luke, I didn't have bad dreams of him, instead rather pleasant and happy memories of us. What I found was even odd was that I began to dream about our future kids, and our marriage and everything.

I really wished that I would wake up and that I found out that we never broke up, instead, I was greeted to 500 messages, 100 voice messages, and over 200 phone calls all by the one person who hasn't left my mind since last night. This caused more tears to spring to my eyes, because oddly, I felt as though I was back with Luke, afraid that this time nobody would be there to help me get away from him.

I was so tempted to just call him back and say that we would be okay, but I knew that it would do both of us no good. He needed this break to understand that he couldn't just treat me like this. But I knew that I couldn't let a man stop me from doing things, so I decided that I was done crying for good. Through the entirety of these three days, I've cried more than I have in my 16 years of existence. Going back home after three days, I was greeted by the sight of my older brothers, all carrying under eye circles, looking more tired and worn out than I had ever seen them be.

That was the moment I also became aware that I was supposed to go on a mission with Ace for the drug shipment deals that we were going to bust today. It was the common enemies that were stealing from our drug shipments and today we were supposed to go to the warehouse to stop them.

(Ace's pov)

I think I'm going crazy, without her to calm me down, tell me that we would be okay. I had gotten so used to her being there next to me, sleeping on me. Used to running my hand through her long hair, but now I felt empty. It had been two days since I last saw anybody and three since I last saw her. The love of my life.

Although Elizabeth had yelled at me and warned me to stay away from Sia, she and the other boys had been giving me regular updates on how she was doing. Getting through the day being sober had become a Herculean task now that she wasn't there with me. I also stopped going to school, only going on missions that my father had assigned for himself to finish, so basically I was on a killing rampage. Somehow I had completely gone back to how I was before I met Alessia, but I promised myself that I wouldn't cheat on her ever.

Even though we weren't dating currently, we broke up haphazardly, and so this whole thing had become confusing. To take my mind off Alessia and our relationship, I rushed towards my office, where I found Vincent Romano, and Alessia.

I tried to catch her eye, but she expertly pretended that I didn't exist, ignoring all my pleading looks. Taking my eyes away from her, I noticed Vince, Sia's elder brother looking at both of us, not bothering to show his displeasure towards me, who was currently making his younger sister uncomfortable.

With a clipped tone, he announced, "Ace, Sia, both of you will be going downtown for a few days. I want you both to observe what Luke and his men are doing to the shipments, and after two days, I want you guys to catch them and take care of those men. I want you both to stay in the penthouse, pretending to be college going kids. There will be cameras everywhere so anything happens and I will be the first to know." He directed the last part towards me. I shrugged, looking over at Sia to gauge her reaction, and she looked like she was ready to murder the first person she laid her eyes on. She then proceeded to glare at me heatedly, giving me an impression that all this was my fault.

I definitely was glad that, now because of the mission, I would finally get some time, where I could speak to her and we could clear things out between us. I knew that I had messed up royally and that this mission might be my only shot at getting the love of my life back, because after the mission, she would go back to ignoring me and I would not be able to handle that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3